G.o.o.g.l.e

• WakingFreedom
    12 years ago, updated 5 years ago

So, have you googled yourself? What did you find?

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Well... my parents (God bless them) inadvertently gave me the same name as a deceased "adult film" star. This was before the internet, so they wouldn't really have known. But it definitely makes for an interesting Google search.

"33,000 hits? Holy cow. Oh, wait.....ah!! *scarred*"

• Blackstar
    12 years ago

When I typed my name I found 1 pic of myself on the website from my work.

And I found Sharitha McKenzie.

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I have... more than once. But I've never found anything interesting. Other than my facebook page and my blog (which has only one entry I had to do for a course in uni) I got sites about the person I was named after, Fatimat elZahra, the daughter of prophet Mohammed.

• Elizabeth
    12 years ago

I have googled myself before. Here's what I found:

- My Facebook page of course and other activities via Facebook.
    - My grandfather's obituary.
    - Articles about awards I've received in local online news sites.
    - Some old "musings" on another poetry site.
    - A few old social networking sites I use to use, haha.

I didn't find a whole lot, I'm thankful for that. But I do wish I had deleted my profiles on some of those other social networking sites before abandoning them, not that I'm worried I've always been safe about what I put out there on the internet. But still, it's kind of scary. For example: You can't view my profile or other information on Facebook unless you add me as a friend thanks to privacy controls. However, I don't believe it's completely 100% safe, that's why I'm still cautious about what I put out there.

• dollwithafrown
    12 years ago

I've Googled myself before, too.. purely out of curiosity and humour.

I found my Facebook page, as well as a very old profile I had on another social networking site.

I also found an obituary - freaked out for a few minutes before I realised it was someone else with the same name. Turns out there's a lot of people in the world with the same name as me; rather interesting as neither my first nor last name is particularly common, but hey ho.

I found a fundraising page I set up for a charity event I took part in back in '09.

Other than that, I can't find too much. Thank goodness!

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

I googled myself once, but I didn't come up with anything about myself, but I did find things from history involving a man with the same name as me... gosh that was weird.

• average thoughts
    12 years ago

Ya, i did and got a famous rock band of newzealand..

• H. Elizabeth
    12 years ago

Yes! Apparently there's an Observatory with my last name. Uhmm there's more than one me! Haha. There's a band called "Kill Hannah" -- I love them!
    There's a foundation with my last name. There's a school of medicine with my last name. Uhmmm and I typed in my usernames for several websites and found myself lol. [:
    Oh and my youtube account, I found stuff with that.

• Ari
    12 years ago

When I google myself,

My blog,
    my twitter,
    my website, and
    my facebook pop up.

I've worked hard to make sure that my name is associated with my work though, as I am working on publishing writings. I want to make sure that no one can mistake me for an 'adult film star' that just so happens to have a VERY similar name to me. :p