I don't get this...

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

In relationships everybody makes mistakes.
    I don't get why when you work your butt off trying to make things right, the other person won't even try when he messed up just as much.

Why do you think when BOTH of the people in the relationship did wrong, one tries their hardest & the other gives up like a child?

• Lofallenve
    12 years ago

Well I went through this actually.
    I was the one who just said "screw it I'm done with this."

I think it depends on the couple and depends on the relationship. There is just so much one person can want to deal with or put up with. Whereas with my ex, the father of my child, I was just done with his bullshit.
    All his lies, his refusal to help with my daughter, and his laziness. I just decided to say "screw you, I'm done with this."

:)

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Yeah its bullcrap with guys!

like my ex,
    i messed up, but so did he.
    He had sex with other girls when i jumped to conclusions & broke it off. I worked my butt off to make it right & he moves some stupid girl into his apartment?

like okay. Im his first love & his stupid drug addiction plays with his head. But i'm like ight got you. I'm done, sent him a nasty email & blocked him

Its okay... sooner or later he'll realize.
    but im sick of immature guys

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

If the reaction to call it quits was so instantaneous, my feeling would be that he'd been itching to get out of it for a while, so he just jumped at the opportunity to use this as an excuse. When both parties are mature and invested, you don't just say "nope, I'm done" and give up. You try to work it out. I could see a mature person quitting the relationship quickly if the problem was recurring, but generally I think most things can be worked through.

I hope things work out better for you.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Thanks.
    But I'm done.

Hes back on drugs & when your an addict you can't think straight(i know alot bout them)
    & Idk whats in his head.

But i blocked every way of him to contact me.
    I tried and tried & he never did.

When hes off the drugs he'll realize what he lost but its to late.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Sounds like your head's in the right place. : )

I guess I should have mentioned in my earlier post: Yeah, if you're invested, you should try to work it out. But if the other person isn't interested, there's not much you can do. Maybe you have a different level of maturity than he does.

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

Yes :)

& i'm not into drugs.
    I know how they are bcuz i watched my mom die with hers 5 years ago.
    I didn't wanna abandon him, but everybody has their breaking point & he pushed me there :/

I'm his first love, but even his best friend says forget him he isn't worth it girl.