What are your favorite...

• Carol
    12 years ago

What are your favorite love quotes and poems and why are they special to you?

• BeautifOol
    12 years ago

This is one of my fav love quote "The most painful thing wasn't you leave me. It was the feeling and the memory"
    And this is a little piece of my fav poem " Please just think of how it used to be, were you ever really happy when you were with me? "
    I read both on this site but I
    forgot the name of the author ^^ btw whats yours?

• BeautifOol
    12 years ago

Ahh sorry i forgot the reason..
    They are special because it
    describes what I felt ??

• Mattias Ostling
    12 years ago

My favorite love poem is The More Loving One by W. H. Auden. It's an amazingly well written poem by an amazing poet. And I can really relate. The metaphors and contrasts used are just unbelievable.

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
    That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
    But on earth indifference is the least
    We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
    With a passion for us we could not return?
    If equal affection cannot be,
    Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
    Of stars that do not give a damn,
    I cannot, now I see them, say
    I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
    I should learn to look at an empty sky
    And feel its total dark sublime,
    Though this might take me a little time.

• Liquid Grace
    12 years ago

"What the eyes can't see, the heart will find. "

© Amanda B. 2008

This I came up with while in a long distance relationship with my husband. It really inspired me on the days that were hard. It's also special because it kind of reminds me when we argue that at one time things were far harder for us. Almost a reminder to be greatful for what is.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
    - Lao Tzu

I have this saved on my computer. It's a reminder that, while love can make you feel so completely vulnerable, it is also a source of strength and meaning. Not loving might make it harder for you to be hurt, but it's not the better way to live. It's something that's sustaining in all its weakness.

"Love offered without requirement. Love offered in hope of only one thing, more love. The kind of love that breeds love and cracks the hardness of the world. To have that love removed and honored apart from any other desire or requirement. What a beautiful thing."

-My fellow, on what love ought to be.

• Crimson
    12 years ago

I dare you try and see through this fake smile thats right walk away-?
    it reminds me the a smile isnt always real
    another one but this one i find kinda funny
    honey please dont stand to close to the heater plastic melts

• Carol
    12 years ago

I came across this quote written by Sam Keen the other day, "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

No one is perfect but finding someone who loves you for who you are is the description of love.