Teeth...

• LoveSucks45
    12 years ago

I have a question for anybody who wants to become a dentist or knows about it.

My best friend was bulimic for a long time. Her teeth, she absoultely hates them. Has severe enamel loss & doesn't know how to fix it since the denist is very expensive for the procedure she would need.

Does anybody know how she could help get her teeth whiter/better looking until she can afford getting them fixed?

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

By brushing her teeth and flossing regularly and staying away from food that causes coloring, like coffee and smoking.<<< that's all I know.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

I am sorry that she has gone through that. The teeth usually get damaged from the stomach acid that has come up from throwing up.
    I have an electric toothbrush that seems to be great for me, and flossing of course

Try "googling" home remedies for teeth cleaning.

Maybe something will come up there.

x

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Your teeth don't get damaged by throwing up for a start.

You can't exactly get your teeth whiter than they already are, but flossing and brushing your teeth in the morning and before going to bed would help as long as you don't drink to much coffee like Dark Secrets said as well as sugar drinks like coke, Pepsi etc. There are certain foods that do damage your teeth but most of all what your teeth and gums need is vitamin C + D (eating oranges, drink milk or eat salmon for source of calcium) and a lot of water.

Dentists can only whiten by bleaching or using a form of gel on your teeth to whiten your teeth, on the other hand if they are really bad you would need crowns in which your old teeth are taken out and new teeth are fitted which is a long procedure and a lot of money, i hope this helps :)

• Ronel McCarthy
    12 years ago

Why doesn't she go to a dental government clinic where it is free ?

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Because noting in america medical wise is free like in other countries, they have to pay for it, that's why they have to take out medical insurance but it doesn't guarantee that they are covered for most health issues e.g. if they break there arm or leg or they need surgery etc

• Britt
    12 years ago

"Your teeth don't get damaged by throwing up for a start."

Stomach bile and the acid from it erodes the enamel on your teeth and discolors them. So... yeah, it does damage your teeth.

As for insurance.. other countries have to pay for it - nothing is ever free. They just have outrageous taxes.

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Alright yeah my bad on the throwing up doesn't damage teeth, it actually does your right lol, but you shouldn't brush your teeth after vomiting or eat and drink anything fizzy or citrus as it damages your teeth more.

yup, here in the uk we get free medical no matter what are state is with our health, but it comes through by paying taxes. but in saying that other countries have to pay for medical insurance but they do not get totally covered by there insures e.g. breaking a leg, arm etc as in my previous post

• Britt
    12 years ago

It all depends on the insurance. :)

There are some dental places that you can get financed through if teeth are that bad.