The psychopath test.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

1 in 100 people is a psychopath.

Here is the test. Be honest or don't bother with it.

http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm

I scored 11.

You need 30 to be considered an official psycho.

Have fun.

• january friend
    12 years ago

Interesting. i got 11 as well

• L
    12 years ago

Really intesresting, I'm not sure if I want to find out who the psycho is amongst the 100 that might post in this thread.

I got 8.

• Beautiful Chaos
    12 years ago

I got 16

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

I am apparently the opposite of a psychopath...

If I stretch and look at isolated instances, I can maybe muster a 2 or 3. I guess it's just not my personal brand of psychiatric disorder. Unless I'm actually a huge psychopath, and I'm just getting you all on number 4? : )

• Kevin
    12 years ago

Sorry, I got the numbers wrong. You want to get close to 40 to be normal, the lower your score the more psychopathic you are.

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Hahaha... oh Kevo.

I did just finish a season of Dexter, so I'd think that should up my temporary psychopathic score.

• L
    12 years ago

"Sorry, I got the numbers wrong. You want to get close to 40 to be normal, the lower your score the more psychopathic you are."

Lol, then not many will be normal.

• abracadabra
    12 years ago

boring.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

10 is a good score Abby, consider yourself 1/4 psycho, if you didn't already, I know I do....about myself.

OOh Sibs, what season you on? I'm a 1/3 of the way through season 4, and loving it. Apparently they really research the psychology of the show's character's in depth, so in theory you can learn quite a lot about sociopaths etc from watching.

16 eh, tsk tsk..you are bordering on nutjob!

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

I just finished season 2 last night, but I've heard from a few different people that season 4 is the best. I think that's the one my parents are on, too.

My mom loves Dexter. She's a bit twisted. She says "I know it's spring when all I want to do is sit on the deck and read books about horrible serial killers." : D

I'd have her take this test, but I know she's come out a solid zero. She's a clever minx, that one.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

^ lol I thought you guys meant DEXTER, the nerd :P

• L
    12 years ago

Lol no abed,
    They are talking about Dexter the serial killer that kills serial killers.
    I have only seen 2 episodes because they removed Dexter from Netflix. I havent been able to find it.

Does anyone know how many seasons does it have?

• Kevin
    12 years ago

6 Seasons, and they are apparently making more.

• L
    12 years ago

Oh they are making more. I hope they don't make it boring because usually when they keep extending the shows at some point they turn out like that.

• abracadabra
    12 years ago

I am way more than a 1/4 psycho. Maybe I was a psycho in denial when I was taking that test. Maybe I'm not a psycho at all. Maybe it's a shit test. Yeah, that one, always.

• Sean
    12 years ago

Lol, psychopathy can not really be measured in a test like this - so if people do get concerned by their results don't worry about it, also depending on how that person interacts with the site and they're a psychopath; they'd put there results to be whatever seems more likely to get them liked :)

I got 27, unsurprising :( i'm deeply concerned and have been over the last year at my behaviors; i believe I'm probably more a sociopath....but a nicely conditioned one =S.

• Sean
    12 years ago

^Lol, i'm scared now. But i am generally a loving, supporting kinda guy >_< just one who doesn't feel much apart from narcissism. LOL.

God, that sums it up, >,<

• abracadabra
    12 years ago

Sean, I want to be your friend.

So please don't kill me.

• Sean
    12 years ago

Just read some of your poetry, i want to be your friend too =P

Studies show that there are indeed 1/100 'psychopaths' in society, most of which do not kill directly. In-fact they are often some of the most educated people in positions of power, or managerial, your doctor...:P They are now capable of scanning brains to find a pattern which says whether you are a psychopath/sociopath, the researcher who discovered this found out he was one himself lol.

luckily for you, killing is a shit thing to do in my mind :P

So many mental disorders, or personality disorders or whatever always seem to create the idea that those people are capable of the worst of things - more often than not they are no more or less capable of doing harm than you or i.

I know you were making a joke though lol :P

• Beautiful Chaos
    12 years ago

I've known that for a while Kev lol

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I got a 7

• L
    12 years ago

Jean, you really got corcerned with the results of the test, right?

• Sean
    12 years ago

^ Everlasting, if you meant 'Sean' and 'not' instead of jean and 'got'. then no i'm not really concerned lol, i've tried to develop understandings of why i generally don't give a shit and how to live my life because of it. I turned to 'doing the most good for the most amount of people' or utilitarianism. This means i can be ruthless and justified :P.

My only real concern is A) how other people might view me if i were pathological. and B) whether i am a 'bad' person for how i think and feel about situations and people.

If you didn't mean Sean, and were referring to a member called Jean, i'll stop being so egotistical lol.

• L
    12 years ago

Oops, I'm sorry.
    I did mean Sean. Though, you sound kind of funny and okay.
    I hardly doubt that you got 27.

• Sean
    12 years ago

^ Honest to god, or whatever you hold your word against these days i did get 27, and i did answer truthfully. =P and if i made it up, then that's a bit manipulative anyways haha.

either way, it doesn't mean anything; even if i were a psychopath. the word shouldn't be a bad one necessarily, alot of the traits can be associated with autism etc, it's more how you act than think that matters. because if i acted the way i thought then i wouldn't be funny or okay haha ;P

• Britt
    12 years ago

I got 4.

• Rihanna
    12 years ago

I got 13

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Citation needed, but someone told me they've found that people in positions of power, like CEO's and bosses, have a much higher instance of psychopathic tendencies and behaviour.

• abracadabra
    12 years ago

Well, we apparently need another 85 or so people to do the test, we haven't even got 1 psycho yet. Though Sean gave it a good hot go.

Sean, you don't need to explain yourself. This thing, on the whole, is, of course, ridiculicious. I've written mini theses on this sort of thing. And even if you are a psycho, I'm sure you're of the lovely variety.

• Sean
    12 years ago

^ sibyllene this is indeed correct :) i've listened to at least 2 radio 4 documentaries talking about this very fact.

and yes, i shall stop being so defensive haha. =S think it was just me trying to rationalize my self to my self more than to anybody else haha.

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

I got 6:)

• L
    12 years ago

." And even if you are a psycho, I'm sure you're of the lovely variety."

--- +1

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Umm. i got a 22.

• NineteenMinutes
    12 years ago

• Miss Lonely Teacher
    12 years ago

I got a 23 haha

is that bad? XD

• Something Diabolical
    12 years ago

Woah i got 21

maybe abit pyschotic?
    i can handle just a bit lol

• remimic
    12 years ago

Oops. i got a 7

• Mello193
    12 years ago

I got a 22 on a psychopath test and a 112 on an IQ test, what does that show about me....

• Kevin
    12 years ago

Nothing. It says nothing about you.