what do i do if my friend drinks-- a lot? HELP!!

• heidi*lynn
    20 years ago

hi,

well i have had this experience before, just tell ur friend how you feel. and if they cant change for you then they arent worth your time nor ur patience. a friendship is to fragile to be treated with an alcoholic in it. in my case i told my friend how i felt and this person stopped drinking and everything it made me feel great. good luck!

• David
    19 years ago

Drinking is NOT cool. It makes you stupid, stink, it is addictive, and it messes up your insides. What's so cool about that?
    The best thing to do is tell an adult you trust, like your parents. Maybe your parents can talk with his parents.

• David
    19 years ago

I am sorry if I came off a bit rude. I was concern about a 12 year old thinking that drinking is cool, even if it just somewhat. I respect your opinion. Again I am sorry. I did it in the best interest of the kids.
    Anyway enough about us. I think that she should tell her parents, or an adult she trust. It can get a bit dramatic, but even more dramatic would be if that kid do something stupid and gets himself or others hurt.

ps: I have a poem about me called
    "Arrogant Jester" everytime I do this to people I read it and bring myself back down to earth. :/
    I apologize again.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Dude one thing I learnt is that everyone is responsible for their own individual behaviour and actions! If your friend is gunna drink he is gunna drink and nothing n noone will be able to stop him. I can understand your concern at 12 - I mean gees I never knew what grog was at that age but i would advise you to just set an example and not participate in the act yourself - if its really that difficult and bugs you so much then I'd start looking for a new friend sweety!
    Best of luck!