grrr....

• SamiJo
    19 years ago

it really pisses me off that no one really comments on the poetry.... i dont care about the votes half and much as i do the comments. thanks... byes

• Mandy
    19 years ago

LMFAO!! justplainme, you are hilarious. this is like the 5th post ive ever with your comments in them, and they are so funny

some advice- when u write a poem, go to new poems and rate and comment on them. the more u rate and comment other poems, the more they'll return the favor. from my own personal experience

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Im with Distance and Mandy :o) Poets will return the favour :o)

• ŦōüċhÌήğ ỀνĬĽ
    19 years ago

Just be patient..People will eventually comment on your poems..and also what Distance & Mandy said..Usually when you comment on other peoples poetry, they will comment back! =)

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

If your a true poet, you shouldn't care about the attention you get. You should care about the message your sending across and how your sending it.
    If your serious about poetry, you would be appreciating other's work rather than dwelling on the fact that no one reads yours.

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Stop saying that.

"If your a true poet"

First of all, it should be "If you're a true poet"

What is a true poet Pink? Really, Maybe Poe was shallow and really loved attention, would he not be a true poet? A poet is defined by his or her work, not their self esteem.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Well said baybeblew!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)

• Johnny Marlin 2
    19 years ago

as said earlier, rate, comment, and read other people's poetry. Also, do a lot of forum posting. The more your name is on the site. The more likely your poetry is to be noticed. Take care...

• littleshadowgirl
    19 years ago

yeah i mean so we know what they think bout it

• littleshadowgirl
    19 years ago

fuckedy fuck fuck fuck

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

Well said ashley, I agree. There is a difference between constructive critisizm and bashing, and I appreciate those who tell me good reasons as to why they disliked my poetry so I can improve on it later.

Babyblew......
    Alright, I have no idea why you said that. Was that in any way offending towards you? I didn't think so, so why are you attacking me?
    I define a true poet as someone who appreciates poetry as an art and displays it through emotion and literature through their pieces. I don't care if Poe was haughty or full of himself, I never said thats what makes up a poet, I have no idea where you got that.
    I said a "true poet would appreciate other poetry rather than dwelling on the fact that no one reads their own" because a poet is a person who appreciates the art of poetry, therefore wouldn't be hung up on who reads theirs and asking why people don't read them.

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

Pink,
    I'm really not trying to attack you, I'm sorry if it seems that way.
    Being a poet is about your writing and passion for literature. Period, thats it.
    A love for attention shouldn't be the reason someone is not a "True poet". It really is not your place to say who is and is not a true poet.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

Yes, I said that being a poet is about writing and passion for literature, thats the POINT
    theres a difference between a love for attention and writing to GET attention. I realize I was vague in that, and I know that my opinion is not the final answer to wether or not a person is a poet, but to write for attention defeats the purpose of writing at all.
    This girl actually started a forum about herself complaining about a lack of attention. I should actually go through and read her poems, but it seems to me that if she's that obsessed with the fact to have written two forums about not haveing enough attention, that she writes FOR attention.
    like you had stated, to be a poet is to write about passion and love for the art and literature. A person who writes for attention is hardly considered a poet.

• BaybeBlew
    19 years ago

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I agree, but the first post really didn't seem like complaining. I suppose it could be interpreted differently, but I think she was just stating her opinion that it pissed her off that people read her poetry and they never input their opinions. That is really what this whole site is really about, to me anyway, a place to post and get input from other writers.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

Yes thats true ("That is really what this whole site is really about, to me anyway, a place to post and get input from other writers.")
    And I know you said that it didn't seem like she was complaining, and I probably would have thought that too if she hadn't written another forum about pretty much the same thing. And, even if she wasn't complaining, I don't see any real reason why she ought to make a forum about it. If she's new, then I'll give her some credit.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

Alright hunnie bunnie,
    I don't know if your comment was directed toward the original post, or my recent comment.

A couple things wrong with "your stupid"
    1-It's pointless to insult someone with something as meaningless as "your stupid" when all it does is portray your own neglected vocabulary.
    2-Why insult (whoever you were insulting) without explenation as to why you felt that way or view them in that particular negative image