Weekly Contest Results November 25th

• PnQ Mod Account
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Hello everyone, once again thank you to our 3 judges for their timely and weekly effort
    to make this contest possible. Thank you judges and congrats to our front page Winners
    and those who got HM's

Meena

WINNERS:

It’s beautiful in here by Angie- 4+10

The woman in the woods by Aegis- 7+7

Ode to death by Daniel- 10+10

Ode to Death by Daniel (10 points)
    With the changing of seasons, Daniel’s poetry seems to be changing as well. And I mean that in
    a good way.
    Praising death may seem kind of dull, but here he gave meaning and value.
    “There’s bones in the earth
    There’s bones in the sea”
    ^
    I love the repetition of these, they’re more impactful. The poem also has a great rhythm.
    I like how the first two stanzas were generalized, or lets say odes to people he may have observed or
    heard about. And then in the last stanza he included himself and probably the reader as well, indicated by
    “our”. This a great poem !!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ode to Death by Daniel (10 points)

Daniel's poem this week blew me away! His rhyming is spot on and his repeat of two lines in each stanza just caused
    this amazing flow. Taking human nature and the earths' nature and combining them in such a way has this piece
    moving along as easily as water. Well done Sir!
    -----------------------------------------

Woman in The Woods by Aegis (7 points)

has this ability to put such beautiful imagery together in these amazing tiny writes. That shows how talented he is,
    know that I definitely lack that ability. I envision this magical earth mother whose beauty is directly absorbed from
    beauty of the land around here. Who can change as the seasons do. So much said and in his words I was able to see
    so much more.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Woman in the Woods by Aegis (7 points)

Here we have a short poem packed full of imagery, visual displays of pure elegance. Just an outstanding little poem
    this week, it's truly a give to write two stanzas and make it all you need for a creative and explosive poem, well done!

---------------------------------------------------
    It’s Beautiful in Here by Angie (4 points)

mind is a great thing, sometimes we fall together in the darkest pits, while other we sail in an ocean of imagination.
    poem is expressed so well that I relate to it so much. Sometimes when I find trouble sleeping, I create a world in my
    head that I live in, that would slowly take my mind off things and put me to sleep. Yes sometimes it does not work,
    it is always a way to refresh the mind.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It's Beautiful in Here by Angie (10 points)

The mind and heart is what mixes a poem together and gives it light and life. What I adore about this poem is how
    the writer is at peace in the mind. Its a place of solitude and comfort, I envisioned a comfy reading nook with a soft
    light of sunshine coming through a window. This poem has breathtaking visuals and just a warm comfortable feeling,
    just beautiful!

HM’s:

Her wicked beauty by Michael 4+4

Holes by Brenda 7

Her Wicked Beauty by Michael (4 points)
    Winter is normally not my favorite season. It's cold, snowy, messy, etc. Not my idea of a fun season. Michael's
    poem this week gave me a new perspective of winter. He painted a lovely picture of how pretty winter can be.
    He made winter a she and gave her such beauty in all her icy exterior. Yes, she can be a handful, but she's so
    beautiful doing it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Her wicked-beauty by Michael (4 points)

This poem by Michael is wickedly beautiful, with a wonderful flow and rhyme scheme that is beautiful to read
    and just full of fun and creative words that dance as you read. Just beautiful!!!

----------------------------------------------------
    Holes by Brenda Points: (7 points)

This is so inspirational, O can’t explain how much support from my heart I have to you.. Expressing
    what you’ve been through, and how you overcame yourself shows how strong you are. This is a powerful
    poem, and you are a powerful woman!!

• Angie replied to PnQ Mod Account
    4 years ago

What an honor to make the front page. Thank you judges for your comments and your hard work and congratulations everyone!

• Brenda
    4 years ago

Congratulations to all the front page winners and HM's! Thank you to the judge that felt my own piece was worthy of votes, I truly appreciate you and your lovely comments. Thank you also Mark for nominating this- thank you Meena for hosting and our judges for making the tough choices. Happy writing everyone!

• D.
    4 years ago

Congratulations Aegis and Angie! Thank you so much judges for your comments :) appreciate your time and thoughts as ever.

I’ll try to be more active commenting and posting soon. :)

Have a great evening!

• Ben Pickard
    4 years ago

Well done to the three pieces of wonderful work that grace the front page (and the poets responsible!) and many thanks to the judges, as ever.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Congratulations to the front page winners and the honorably mentioned. Thanks judges and thanks Meena for hosting.

• Michael
    4 years ago

Hi all :)

Congratulations to all front page poets and all HMs awarded. thank you as always to the judges for their time, and to the judges for voting my poem, and lovely comments much appreciated.

Thank you to Scott for nominating

Much love, M :)x