Thor vs Jesus

• Kevin
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Who would win?

No, actually it occured to me how odd it is to feel absolutely certain (despite Chris Hemsworth's stunning abs) that anyone who believes in any of the most common abrahamic religions probabaly knows how an athiest feels regarding God by considering how they feel about Thor, or Apollo or any of the old gods mostly abandoned.

Curious eh?

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Would Jesus even fight?
    Would Thor attack without provocation?

You’d need the Dagda in the mix to stir things up.

• Kevin replied to Larry Chamberlin
    3 years ago

It's a diety celebrity deathmatch!

Would Jesus fight Thor in (real) life? Yes, Jesus was a gansta and given they are both gods of rival pantheons they've got beef.

LETS GET IT ON!

Joking? aside though, the main question is about the realization of knowing how it feels to be an athiest as a believer in one God.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Kevin
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Seriously, once you truly feel the empty sky it might result in two futures: one in which you gather your humanity together and attempt to construct a new order or one in which you are intolerant of superstition and attempt to disrobe the emperor. I walked away from that parade decades ago. Now my life is filled with what is here and now and the future of my personal illusion. You see, it's a tiny step further to give up on the conceit of immortality or even the existence of a soul. For me, the trick then is to learn spirituality in the the total absence of Spirit.

• Kevin
    3 years ago

I feel more awe staring at the wonder of a night sky than I ever did in a church. The sky will never be empty Larry.