Weekly Contest Winners - November 23, 2020!

• PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had just one judge this week, so if anyone would like to step up and volunteer, that would be greatly appreciated. Ben, Obscure and Star share the front page, and not only do we have two rhyming poems, but also mentions of fantasy, the appeal of immortality and connecting with the supernatural. Ben's "Dragons Need Their Scales" reminds me of living through the hardships and taking on the burdens to "earn" our scales, or even wearing our armor to face the bitter realities of life, because it can't always be sunshine and rainbows. Obscure's "I'm mortal" speaks almost humbly of wanting to obtain immortality and leave behind worldly possessions and troubles of the human world. Last but not least, Star's "Surrendering" touches on the time when ghosts are most active, and what it means to enter a world unknown. Congrats to you three! And many thanks to our judge. Have a great week, everyone!

~ MA

"Dragons Need Their Scales" by: Ben Pickard (10 points)

"To write a fantasy/ Mystical write can be difficult, but this poem looked like it was written with pure ease and confidence, just a beautiful poem. The rhyme pattern flows and has rhythm which again is difficult to accomplish, most rhyme poems can come out choppy while reading it and this one does not. A great poem, beautifully written!!"

"I'm mortal" by: Obscure (7 points)

"Another rhyme poem that I had to highlight this week. Just beautiful and somber at the same time. It's difficult when sorrow flows through a pen the emotions within the writer can sometimes be a mess when reading and this poem turned out perfect! I wish I could give two 10's but I cant so, I'm so happy to be highlighting this poem by Obscure, beautiful rhyme poem and lovely visual display!"

"Surrendering" by: Star (4 points)

"I fell in love with this poem the first time I read it. 3 am is significant because its the "witching hour" when spirits visit or are more likely to visit- and to be at peace with them is comforting, the last line "holding hands with them" melted my heart. A metaphoric poem filled with such a pretty visual display and filled with powerful emotions!"

• Ben Pickard
    3 years ago

Thank you so much to the single judge for their time and comments on all poems this week and well done to Obscure and Star.

Take care, all

• Star
    3 years ago

Thank you Michael and MA for nominating my poems, and the judge for your vote and comment!!!

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Congratulations to our front page winners! Thank you to our lone judge. Thank you Mary Anne for hosting! Write on fellow writers, write on!

• Mr. Darcy
    3 years ago

Thanks to MA for hosting and to our judge. A huge well done to this weeks winners - wonderful work from all.