Weekly Contest Winners - November 1, 2021

• PnQ Mod Account
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hello and happy November! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I'm extremely grateful for the two judges this week for their time and dedication. Both judges gave their votes for Jane's "Typewriter", a very tangible piece on the sheer range of emotions and sounds and voices when we write, and the catharsis of it all. Next, Kate's "A Summer Storm" is featured, a tantalizing nature piece that comes alive on page. And last but not least, Lost Star's "I Cling to Thy Poetry", a truly lush and vivid love poem.

Congrats! Thanks again to our judges, and I hope everyone has a great start to the month!

- MA

COMMENTS:

"Typewriter" by: silvershoes

" I love this and I can feel it, almost like I’ve written it myself. Sometimes there are emotions that we want to get out of our system, one way or another. But fearing that the words once they’re spoken we can’t take them back, even if we’re misunderstood. So we opt for writing them, in whatever way or form. Personally it’s so hard expressing my emotions even if I choose writing down them down, there’s always fear. So this poem made me feel rage that’s coming from within, at myself and at the world. Like all my emotions are misplaced and I can’t find the right place for them. I’m sorry if I’m way off, but how I interpreted this poem hits me hard and is truly powerful." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Jane composed a brilliant poem of how a writer feels when typing, pouring and oozing the feelings and how writing is therapeutic! Wonderful!" (7)

"A Summer Storm" by: Kate

"Kate has written a beautiful piece of poetry this week. The beauty of a summer storm and also, I feel a metaphor of the emotions raging within. Just lovely!" (10)

"I Cling to Thy Poetry" by: Lost Star

"Elegant and enchanting! The visual displays are just awesome and I was mesmerized!" (4)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I really like it when I read a poem and I can imagine a specific song as it’s background music, it makes the emotions more tangible for me. The flow is so smooth, though there is no specific rhyme there is still a rhythm to the poem. I love the wording of this too, and that ending line is a beauty!!!" (4)

"asylum." by: Poet on the Piano

"Reading this transported me to a different setting. It’s so cloudy that it’s dark, the wind is so cold that I’m shivering. I can smell the wet dirt. I’m looking at this high castle and my nick hurts. I feel anxious my heart is beating so fast. I want to be somewhere warm, but I just can’t get myself to leave this place. There’s coldness in this poem, there’s ache, lust, fear. The way this poem was written is so mesmerizing." (7)

• silvershoes
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Thank you so much, MA, and thank you to the judges! I'm honored to be featured this week! Congratulations to Kate and Lost Star :)

• Larry Chamberlin
    2 years ago

Congratulations to Jane, Kate and Lost Star. Thank you judges, especially considering the site was down for much of the judging period.
    Thanks for keeping a close track on the site and posting, MA, and congrats on your HM!

• Lost star
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for the nomination and to the judges for all your hard work (as Larry mentioned especially as the site was having issues) very humbled :)