Writing format and text

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

In my opinion, I usually only find a poem incredibly skilled or profound when detailed with exotic imageries along with symbols and impactful vocabulary. These are the poems that leave me breathless and create an artisitc atmosphere for me, but I was reading other skilled poet's comments and it seems that they also enjoy simple worded poems used in common language with not many symbols.
    Question: which do you appreciate more
    -exotic, challenged symbolism mixed with imageries and collisions that create emotional impact and artisitc atmosphere
    -simple worded text provided with common language and oft shared emotions that alot of people relate to, therefor you can relate to directly

-I know this seems kind of pointless. I just haven't found a forum recently that was intriguing, so I thought I'd post something or other.-

• Pianist
    19 years ago

In my opinion, the talented poet that works there mind to understand and enjoy detailed exotic imageries with symbols and strong sensed vocabulary, find it a relief to read a poem where they don't have to use so much brain power to understand a poem. It is facinating when an author can impact someone with the simplest words and leave an impression on you. It is much easier to remember because it is simple.
    I'm not all for simple poetry, but I think a mixture of the two makes the difference between a good poet, and a great one.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

interesting, I never thought of it in those terms. Intriguing posts-much appreciated