when you read and vote on poetry

• kaufy
    19 years ago

I hope to think that people give votes and post comments because of their own personal reaction to something someone has written. One person may not agree with other and it is all about personal taste.
    Also if you feel that you know what the person was feeling when they wrote it, no matter how accurate you may be, then the author has made that connection.
    It's all about connecting with people.

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I take into consideration the emotion placed in a poem... but usually what makes me stop from giving honest critique is if the author is new, or can not take critique well. It angers me when someone lashes out at another because of honesty. I know it's wrong, but that's what I usually take into consideration. But if I think someone can handle truth, I will give them the truth in my comments.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I will not vote on a poem if I am going to give it under a 4.

If I think a poem is 1-3 I will leave a comment and not vote at all, because those votes only drag down your score, dont make you feel good about yourself, and arent constructive.

If a poem is a 4 or 5 I will either just vote or vote and leave a comment if I am not feeling lazy or have extra time. Even though people say that the votes dont matter, they still make people feel good and people still do look at the votes.

I dont take anything into consideration when voting except for how good the poem is compared to any other poem that I have read on this site. I dont look at age as a factor, or how long they have been on the site, nor their general score or awards. I just decide if I think the poem is good or not based upon it's flow and it's message.

• R
    19 years ago

I usually vote on how well it is and if I don't see something like it everyday, that's when I rate it really good. you don't seem to find many original poems anymore.

• David Paul
    19 years ago

When I read one I judge it really simple. If I like the way it sounds and it entertains me I give it a high score. If not I either don't score it or I give it a 3. I will not give someone a one.