its like smoking

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

dont you agree? cutting is addictive. im trying to stop. this battle called "life" has thrown me a curve ball, and this obsticle is so hard to overcome, and im trying. dont you think cutting is like smoking? its hard to quit, and so tempting to start, and people believe that it's a stupid habit. no its not. its hard to quit. any comments?

• wings.in.flight.
    19 years ago

yeh it is like smoking, just as addictive. For some people it isn't addictive, like for some poeple who dont get addicted when they smoke. i've been cutting for five years and recently i stopped for four months but now i've started again. It's just so hard to stop, really hard. And if someone hasn't cut in years (like my mate skye), then i really look up to them because it is, it's really hard to stop because it's addictive.

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

True JPM cutting is no where near physically addictive, everyone who say's that is looking for reasons why as not to stop.

I do believe however that it is mentally addictive. I would explain all my points for I know some people are going to come in saying I sound like an idiot, but right now I'm bitching out a girl who's faking her own suicide:)

So, you might hear from me later

ta-ta

• Hayley Marie
    19 years ago

Yes, Cutting is like Smoking. My Parents have recently been hypnotised to give up smoking, it has worked. But the lady who hypnotised them said 'You dont NEED a cigarette, you WANT one'. But with them they said, usually its with stress, but if you take 5minutes out from what is causing you stress, and go back to it, its fine, but usually you just grab a fag. So you think it helps you, but it doesnt, its the break.

This isnt like cutting, but yes cutting is like smoking, you just need to say to yourself when you hold that blade "i dont NEED to do this, i NEED to calm down and take a break" or something like that!!! Good Luck xxxx