Is it just me???

• cac123
    18 years ago

is it just me or is everyone getting a little sick of love poems, i mean its probably just me but i dont know why love poems are all getting so old, all the same, i wish somebody would post something original!!! well i guess i could say the same thing about every other type of poem... wow anyways just tell me what you think

• Pianist
    18 years ago

It's just you...

• LoÑ£ly♥P!rÄτΣ
    18 years ago

I'm getting sick of love poems...they are sweet and all, especially towards that person who it is directed to...but when no one is writing them for you? kinda hurts...but thats just me...
    katie

• Pianist
    18 years ago

It is not impossible to write an original love poem...

Use a metaphor and compare love to something that would not usually be thought of in comparision with it...

Be creative...

Use the lump of shit that was implanted in your head at birth...

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Teenage love poems are samey because none of you know what love really is.

Teenager: Love is a kiss, a hug, a cuddly bear. I'd die if you left me for a day!

Adult: Love is having your wife making you a drink without asking. You're going out for the day? Have fun.

• meghan
    18 years ago

would yall rather it be about hate???

• Lipton
    18 years ago

Yes, Matt is right. Most love poems on here are, "ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUKISSYKISSYMUAH!" and not very many people on this site, actually know what love is.

I'm only 17, but I know for a fact, that love is not a "feeling" that you "like" someone. If that were true, then there would be no middle-school break-ups. True love binds two people "until death do we part." Or, should, anyway.

As for the cutting, yes... It's overdone as well.

~Ciao Lipton

• cac123
    18 years ago

well i mean i guess what i was trying to say was that it would be really refreshing to read about something original. But i know im preaching to the choir here, thanks everyone for their input.

• Eibutsina
    18 years ago

Well said JPM I agree 100%

Love is inexplicable, and there are many different kinds and levels of love

No one knows any more or any less about love or the matters of the hearts of others.

END OF DISCUSSION

=Eirisa=

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

Also, Romeo and Juliet was a fictional play. It wasn't exactly a truthful story.
    And, some say Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" was not a story of love, but of tragedy. The "lust" that Romeo and Juliet shared, caused many deaths, and not just their deaths but Lady Montague's and Paris'.
    Honestly, I don't think Romeo and Juliet was a good example to use.

• Mel
    18 years ago

That's been entertaining reading above.

Here's a thought on love. The word never existed until the poets (no idea which ones) invented it. Which leaves us with the notion that love is merely a chemical raction in the adrenal glands - similar to the feeling of fear, but certainly brought on by the effect/s of another person. And as with fear, some run from it; others confront it; and some choose to write about it. Either way, dwell on it and you're knackered.

• [She.Falls.Asleep]
    18 years ago

Mels right it was very intresting. I dunno about the whole love poem thing. People come on here to write about how they feel and if that's love then I suppose.. that's what they write about. I've written a few.. only most are very weird (:S) or about heartbreak (:S :S). Maybe I'm just depressed. Anyway erm... yeh maybe. Take Care, Elle x