religion

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

alright, im tired of this. people are throwing religion around everywhere. its EVERYWHERE!! at the movies, in books, magazines, t.v, everywhere. but religion is a belief. its a way that people live. their principles of life. its the belief that says that you can say, what you want to say, just as long as you believe it. "stick UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE" they say. but wait...didnt ward churchill do that. and he's getting rediculed and whatnot for it. he's just trying to get something that he believes out of his system, and into the world. christians, methodists, catholics, presbitarians..whatever. all yall out there that believe in something, isnt that what you are supposed to do? stick up for what you believe is right? i dunno. im confused.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I was shocked when I went to see a movie today and the first 4 previews I saw were about religion and/ or the apocalypse.

It's amazing that these topics seem to be taking off so much....

Just wanted to share :)

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Kaitlin: I want to see "Constantine." I heard it's a kick-butt movie!

Anyway, it's called Freedom of Religion. I guess I'm not too sure what it is you're angry about [person who started the topic].

~Ciao Lipton

• Laura
    19 years ago

i also agree with Bob.

i have a lot of my own views on relgion...im not atheist but i also dont consider myself a christian.

im very openminded to other people's outlook on their relgions and if anyone would like to discuss it i eould love to... but for now im not going to go into great detail because i think you might think im crazy....
    anyways. as i stated. i agree with Bob. very well said.
    -----Laura-----

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

(sideconversation) Lipton: They all looked good, I'll definately be checking those out. I just wonder why ALL THE SUDDEN there is so much talk about it... hmmmm.

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Religion is a way of life

Of course it comes up everywhere and in everything

I dont always agree with but can appreciate and learn from the different perspectives of others :o)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Religion and our forms of communication differentiate us from animals friends :o)

• Angie
    19 years ago

I was raised a catholic while growing up. I still am, but I don't go to church or preach or anything like that. I do believe there is a god, but I also feel if I have something to say to him I can do it anywhere and anytime I want to. I am open to listening to anyone about their religion, everyone believes in something and some believe in nothing that is their perrogative, so who am I to judge.......

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Okay Friends you obviously misunderstood me - can animals communicate via writing?

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

THEN WHY DID EVERYBODY FREAK OUT OVER WARD CHURCHILL AND HIS VIEWS AND BELIEFS?!?!?! we always hear "God this...and God that.." but when someone else has something they strongly believe in...why does everybody freak out? just because he has a view? you are all siding with religion, but i just want to know why you all dont accept churchill for believing in something? i dont understand. and yes...animals dont communticate in writing, they have their own way, like we do. not everything that breathes has to do everything the same as humans. we arent that sophisticated.

• Waterlover4890
    19 years ago

I'm a christian, and I have friends that put me down about it but it doesn't change anything for me. I stick up for what I believe. I may not have an answer for everything, but I have faith in God. I know some people believe Christians are hypocrites, and some really are. But we are all sinners. Oops. I'll stop. If you have any questions just ask. I'll try to get an answer if possible.

gotromance4890 aka. Jo

*Please Comment on my FIRST poem Happy Birthday to You, I need some advice on how to make it better*

• Lipton
    19 years ago

You know what I don't understand, is this:

Every website I go to has a forum (I understand that). On EVERY single forum, there is at least five threads on "God isn't real," or "Christians are crazy," or "Why are Christians cramming their religion down our throat."

Who is doing the cramming? All I see is a Christian over there with a cross around his neck, or a Christian here that prays before lunch. It's YOUR fault if you take offense to that. It makes me wonder... Why do nonbelievers take so much offense to believers, but not the other way around? I mean, the only people I see trying to "cram" any kind of "Christian" religion down anyone's throats are the Jehova's Witnesses. I don't particularly like them, but I deal with it. (I was visited by the same two women in one week. I'm kinda scared, now...)

~Ciao Lipton

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Responding to the first post:

Lilblakrosette:

"alright, im tired of this. people are throwing religion around everywhere. its EVERYWHERE!! at the movies, in books, magazines, t.v, everywhere."

So are pop-culture people, murders, fashions, and all other sorts of things.

Also, Ward Churchill:

Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward_Churchill

~Ciao Lipton

• Waterlover4890
    19 years ago

I would like to know why people do take offense to me being a Christian. I don't take offense to you being nonbelievers because it's not right to judge. That's not right to judge. It's just like being racist. Yet everyone looks upon that being wrong why look down on Christians? I am not cramming my religion down your throat. It's your choice in what you believe. I can't force anything on you. I can push my religion at you because that isn't right. Once again that is placing judgment. Not right. I like hearing everyone's opinion though.

-Jo

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

In Kaitlin Kountry, where they practice Kristianity, we stone all the idiots.

Now that's productive.

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Friends:

You're not getting JPM's sarcasm.

~Ciao Lipton

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Lilblakrosette:

"you are all siding with religion, but i just want to know why you all dont accept churchill for believing in something?"

I don't see anyone saying that they don't accept Churchill because of his beliefs. You can stop trying to use Churchill as some kind of backup.

~Ciao Lipton

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

but during this whole ENTIRE thing, people have been saying i am offending them because i dont understand about Churchill. im not saying his religion. sorry if i offended you, but i never meant to. listen, im just kind of sick of people saying religion is the way to go. maybe the people around you guys arent like that, but they are here. i just thought that everyone was like that since thats how im treated here. well, yeah.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

wEnn Ppls Tipe Lyke Dis (yo)- it's half telepathic anyway.

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

what the heck? telephathy has nothing to do with it. its just cuz they want to, and...yeah

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

when i said "and...yeah" its becuz apparently, i was done with my thought. i just write that at the end. take it as you may, but it still has nothing to do with what those people want to do.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

It would suck to be in the middle of a pointless thought and have it end in "and yeah... [I think I've reached my mental limit]." You obviously didnt pick up on the blatant sarcasm of my statement, by the way.

Anyway, in this KKK they dont wear white gnome hats and robes. In fact, they dont believe in clothes ;)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

What I am trying to state Friends - is it our ability to write that differs us from animals. Correct not all humans are capable of writing - But I don't see cows or sheep developing tools like Braille as forms of communication for their blind counterparts...it clearly differentiates us from the rest of the animal species...

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

im glad im more intelligent than all yall, really glad. you have useless conversations that are way WAY off topic. no lie. anyways, im gonna stop wasting my time on you guys. you arent as intelligent as i thought most poets are. oh well. my standards are too high anyways for todays people.

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Lilblakrosette:

"but during this whole ENTIRE thing, people have been saying i am offending them..."

Show me where someone has said, "Your views offend me."

"sorry if i offended you, but i never meant to."

That's fine, because you didn't. You really haven't said much of anything that has been intelligent enough to offend me. No offense. =)

"...listen, im just kind of sick of people saying religion is the way to go..."

Maybe WE aren't the ones who need to learn to tolerate other people's beliefs and ideas.

"...maybe the people around you guys arent like that, but they are here. i just thought that everyone was like that since thats how im treated here. well, yeah."

That's called generalization, and it's stupid.

~Ciao Lipton

• Lipton
    19 years ago

"im glad im more intelligent than all yall, really glad. you have useless conversations that are way WAY off topic. no lie. anyways, im gonna stop wasting my time on you guys. you arent as intelligent as i thought most poets are. oh well. my standards are too high anyways for todays people."

Said by someone who says, "yall," and "anyways," uses run-on sentences, doesn't capitalize any words (unless they're stressed), doesn't know when to use an apostrophe, and can only finish her thoughts by saying, "[enter random word here] yeah..."

Really, I didn't KNOW you were intelligent. Maybe you need to show that a bit more.

~Ciao Lipton

• cant sleep
    19 years ago

well, i say yall alot. as in...alot alot. and that is normally how i end my sentences. its habit. sorry, ill change JUST for you. happy? i think you should be. well. yeah. "ANYWAYS"!!! see. i just said anyways. so that means that im not intelligent. yup. you said it yourself. well. adios!

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Oh man, we've seen this far too many times. One of the more prominant poets beating up on the little guy and the little guy scurrying around trying to redeem themselves before they learn the harsh world of P&Q politics.

Tut, tut, Lipton, picking on the little guy again? ;)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Ahh Friends whatever your prefer...:o)
    I'm stepping out of this one
    I can't be bothered to explain myself again
    No harshness intended - just bigger fish to fry

• Lipton
    19 years ago

Lilblakrosette:

1) Never change for anyone
    2) Don't insult my intelligence. If you do, prepare to have your intelligence insulted.

Kaitlin:

I try NOT to. =) Well, it depends on the discussion. Ah, I'll just quit now.

~Ciao Lipton

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lmao, Lipton, it's our right. Dont worry about it.

We were all newbies who got pushed around once, we have to learn somehow ;)