Haikus

• ~*LorienElf*~
    19 years ago

does anyone else write any haikus? in class we were studying japan and talking about their poetry, so i decided to try one and they are actually really fun to write. has any one else ever tried them?

• Shædow Poet
    19 years ago

I've tried many a time, yet my haiku's always seem to be lacking something. I'm just not good at them.
    But I love reading them, they are beautiful and imaginative.

• Pianist
    19 years ago

and off I prance to google to study more of this "Haiku" form... for the young lad Mike has inspired me...

• Pianist
    19 years ago

ah... amazing the joy of a new (but old) poetry form...

• NK
    19 years ago

i love to write haiku's but most of mine are complete crap.. and the rest no-one else understands and they seem to be complete crap aswell.. oh well.. keep on trying!

• Jacki
    19 years ago

DOn't get a haiku mixed up w/ a Senryu. Bot are 5,7,5. A common mistake.

Senryu is usually written in the present tense and only references to some aspect of human nature or emotions. They possess no references to the natural world and thus stand out from nature/seasonal haiku.

Such as Mike Glasses:
    quote:

Never have your lips
    tasted as sweet as when we
    kissed our love goodbye

• Nicholle
    19 years ago

i wrote 2 haikus. search them there under the title cutting haiku

• Jacki
    19 years ago

if they're about cutting then they're not haikus...

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Silently tears fall
    A cascading endless flow
    Inevitably

Thought I'd try something new :o)

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Thanks Bob I have never tried one before and your feedback is always appreciated, I like them though they actually take effort and thinking to write. Unlike alot of my other poetry which is emotionally charged and just seems to flow out of me with such ease...I love learning though and improving my value as a writer I'm gunna make another attempt to construct a poem out of Haikus - Thanks everyone who has contributed and inspired me :o)

• EoB
    18 years ago

Aashik, sarah, animefairy...remember...

• EoB
    18 years ago

As shadows of love
    that once dwelled within my heart
    finally leaves me.

I betray myself,
    and the lore of the shadows
    once more must be taught.

Damnit...

I'll try again

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

I find haikus very interesting...they're fun to make, but i've never posted one on here before. suppose i can always start. :)