please tell all yo uknow

• Angie
    19 years ago

Well I hope this is what you want to know

The Emancipation Proclamation
    January 1, 1863
    By the President of the United States of America:
    A Proclamation.

Whereas, on the twenty-second day of September, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-two, a proclamation was issued by the President of the United States, containing, among other things, the following, to wit:

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free; and the Executive Government of the United States, including the military and naval authority thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of such persons, and will do no act or acts to repress such persons, or any of them, in any efforts they may make for their actual freedom.

"That the Executive will, on the first day of January aforesaid, by proclamation, designate the States and parts of States, if any, in which the people thereof, respectively, shall then be in rebellion against the United States; and the fact that any State, or the people thereof, shall on that day be, in good faith, represented in the Congress of the United States by members chosen thereto at elections wherein a majority of the qualified voters of such State shall have participated, shall, in the absence of strong countervailing testimony, be deemed conclusive evidence that such State, and the people thereof, are not then in rebellion against the United States."

Now, therefore I, Abraham Lincoln, President of the United States, by virtue of the power in me vested as Commander-in-Chief, of the Army and Navy of the United States in time of actual armed rebellion against the authority and government of the United States, and as a fit and necessary war measure for suppressing said rebellion, do, on this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and in accordance with my purpose so to do publicly proclaimed for the full period of one hundred days, from the day first above mentioned, order and designate as the States and parts of States wherein the people thereof respectively, are this day in rebellion against the United States, the following, to wit:

Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, (except the Parishes of St. Bernard, Plaquemines, Jefferson, St. John, St. Charles, St. James Ascension, Assumption, Terrebonne, Lafourche, St. Mary, St. Martin, and Orleans, including the City of New Orleans) Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Virginia, (except the forty-eight counties designated as West Virginia, and also the counties of Berkley, Accomac, Northampton, Elizabeth City, York, Princess Ann, and Norfolk, including the cities of Norfolk and Portsmouth[)], and which excepted parts, are for the present, left precisely as if this proclamation were not issued.

And by virtue of the power, and for the purpose aforesaid, I do order and declare that all persons held as slaves within said designated States, and parts of States, are, and henceforward shall be free; and that the Executive government of the United States, including the military and naval authorities thereof, will recognize and maintain the freedom of said persons.

And I hereby enjoin upon the people so declared to be free to abstain from all violence, unless in necessary self-defence; and I recommend to them that, in all cases when allowed, they labor faithfully for reasonable wages.

And I further declare and make known, that such persons of suitable condition, will be received into the armed service of the United States to garrison forts, positions, stations, and other places, and to man vessels of all sorts in said service.

And upon this act, sincerely believed to be an act of justice, warranted by the Constitution, upon military necessity, I invoke the considerate judgment of mankind, and the gracious favor of Almighty God.

In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the eighty-seventh.

By the President: ABRAHAM LINCOLN
    WILLIAM H. SEWARD, Secretary of State.

• Angie
    19 years ago

Emancipation is not available in every state in the United States. Where it is available, emancipation is a legal process by which minors can attain legal adulthood before reaching the age at which they would normally be considered adults (this is called the "age of majority"). The rights granted to legally emancipated minors might include the ability to sign legally binding contracts, own property, and keep one's own earnings. However, each state has different laws governing emancipation and some states simply have no law or legal process concerning emancipation. In states where minors wishing to become legally emancipated will have to break new legal ground.

Age of majority for Delaware.

A person of the age of 18 years or older on June 16, 1972, and any person who attains the age of 18 years thereafter, shall be deemed to be of full legal age for all purposes whatsoever and shall have the same duties, liabilities, responsibilities, rights and legal capacity as persons heretofore acquired at 21 years of age unless otherwise provided. (1 Del. C. 1953, § 701; 58 Del. Laws, c. 439, § 1.)

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Yes, check my posts in the "Other" category, you cannot get emancipated in Deleware.

• Angie
    19 years ago

Here's more

Emancipation is when a minor has achieved independence from his or her parents, such as by getting married before reaching age 18 or by becoming fully self-supporting. It may be possible for a child to petition a court for emancipation to free the minor child from the control of parents and allow the minor to live on his/her own or under the control of others. It usually applies to adolescents who leave the parents' household by agreement or demand.
    Some of the most common methods for a minor to become emancipated include marriage, reaching the age of majority, entering military service, or by court order. A parent may also formally or informally agree to give up some or all of his/her parental control. For example, a parent might consent to allowing a child to establish a separate household. In other cases, a parent may force the minor to leave and support him/herself. Generally, parental consent is required, except in cases of parental misconduct that causes the mnior to leave the home. Emancipation may cease to make a parent liable for the acts of a child, including debts, negligence or criminal acts. State laws on emancipation vary, so local laws should be consulted for specific requirements in your area.

Sometimes the emancipation of a child ends the obligation of a divorced parent to pay child support. When a child reaches the age of emancipation, the duty of a parent for child support often ends. However, the age of emancipation varies by state. Also, a parent may be obligated to support a child for a longer period, such as through college, under a divorce decree. Emancipation will not relieve a parent from obligations to pay past due child support amounts.

Requirements for emancipation vary by state, but typically a minor who seeks a court order of emancipation must prove that:

1. The minor is a certain minimum age or older.
    2. They willingly want to live separate and apart from their parents with the consent or acquiescence of the parents. (The parents do not object to the minor living apart from them.)
    3. The minor can manage their own finances.
    4. The minor has a source of income that does not come from any illegal activity.
    5. Emancipation would not be contrary to the minor's best interests; it is good for them.

State laws vary, so local laws and domestic relations or family court procedures should be consulted for specific requirements. Some state statutes provide for recognizing the emancipated status of a minor granted emancipation in another state.

• silentscream
    19 years ago

what should i do??

• silentscream
    19 years ago

help me please

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Are you being abused or neglected?

• silentscream
    19 years ago

jpm leave please
    you ant helpng me

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Yes, if REAL abuse is going on then you should go to the police, other than that you need to realize that all kids have it hard and most of them at some point think that they are being mistreated.

Mildly, they are often correct, but the state will not intervene unless you are being beaten or molested.

• silentscream
    19 years ago

so if im pregnant i can go?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

You need to call your local police station and find out what your rights are.

You could also go to a planned parenthood, I'm sure they'd have information.

• silentscream
    19 years ago

but the police thing again
    my dad is a cop!!!

ive wanted a baby
    and i could easily get pregnant
    but
    i dont need to get
    pregnant if it wont help
    if it will make things wrost than its out of the ?

• silentscream
    19 years ago

yeah but the cop thing

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

How are you being abused?

• silentscream
    19 years ago

hold up these are all the kind sof abuse

What is Child Abuse?
    [Emotional Abuse] [Neglect] [Physical Abuse] [Sexual Abuse]

Emotional Abuse
    (also known as verbal abuse, mental abuse, and psychological maltreatment) Includes acts or the failures to act by parents or caretakers that have caused or could cause, serious behavioral, cognitive, emotional, or mental disorders. This can include parents/caretakers using extreme and/or bizarre forms of punishment, such as confinement in a closet or dark room or being tied to a chair for long periods of time or threatening or terrorizing a child. Less severe acts, but no less damaging are belittling or rejecting treatment, using derogatory terms to describe the child, habitual scapegoating or blaming.

Neglect
    The failure to provide for the child’s basic needs. Neglect can be physical, educational, or emotional. Physical neglect can include not providing adequate food or clothing, appropriate medical care, supervision, or proper weather protection (heat or coats). It may include abandonment. Educational neglect includes failure to provide appropriate schooling or special educational needs, allowing excessive truancies. Psychological neglect includes the lack of any emotional support and love, never attending to the child, spousal abuse, drug and alcohol abuse including allowing the child to participate in drug and alcohol use.

Harm can also come to a young person when the need for food, clothes, a place to live, medical care or supervision are ignored by parents or the adult caretaker of the young person.

Physical Abuse
    The inflicting of physical injury upon a child. This may include, burning, hitting, punching, shaking, kicking, beating, or otherwise harming a child. The parent or caretaker may not have intended to hurt the child, the injury is not an accident. It may, however, been the result of over-discipline or physical punishment that is inappropriate to the child’s age.

A parent or caretaker emotionally abuses his or her child when the parent rarely has anything good to say to the child, refuses to speak to the child for days, or threatens to hurt the child.

Sexual Abuse
    The inappropriate sexual behavior with a child. It includes fondling a child inappropriately, making the child fondle the adult, intercourse, incest, rape, sodomy, exhibitionism and sexual exploitation. To be considered child abuse these acts have to be committed by a person responsible for the care of a child (for example a baby-sitter, a parent, or a daycare provider) or related to the child. If a stranger commits these acts, it would be considered sexual assault and handled solely be the police and criminal courts.

i get emotianal
    some neglect
    and physical

i need out
    of here now

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

then leave.
    there, problem solved.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

The police pretty much only respond to harsh neglect and physical abuse beyond a little slapping around here and there.

Talk to your school councelor and they will tell you if anythin illegal is being done.

Dont be overly dramatic and seem rebelious. Just tell the councelor what's going on and ask her what should be done. Use the library to search for information that you need.