im new to this place, who are the best poets at this site?

• supaflyhonkyguy
    19 years ago

i notice there are thousands of poets and millions of poems. instead of looking through them all one by one, could someone tell me some people that are good at this site

• Lisa
    19 years ago

Quite a few...too many to mention lol...here are some of my favs:

Timothy r snyder
    Yik Yak
    Michelle

If you have a look at some of their poems, im sure you'll find a favourite. There are many many more, have fun. Oh and welcome on board.

• supaflyhonkyguy
    19 years ago

thankyou both, i now have something to do

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

ME!!! ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!

haha, pulling a KoT; obvious sarcasm for anyone who didnt notice ;)

OK, I'm done.

Seriously, there are tons and tons of great poets on the site. Bob Shank is widly renowned and looked up to, Bret Higgins, Lipton, Kevin, Heather M. Craig, I hear Fisherman is fantastic, but I havent gotten the chance to check out much of his work. Eirisa has some nice stuff as well, Matt has good stuff, I didnt expect much from him because I fell for the generalization that kids cant write good poetry and he's 13, but in truth he has some great work. JPM is very good, depending on if you can recognize and laugh at harsh derision. His poem that won the contest was great. Writers Block is also good.

There are tons more, but those are the ones that come to the top of my head at the moment.

You can also go through the categories and sort by rating. If a poet is reoccuringly at the top, you can bet they're good, but there are exceptions to every rule.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Born: You've got brown stuff on your nose.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Born2 has two different accounts: It says in his profile "Hello, my name is Curtis Putnam." and then there is another account that had the SN "Curtis Putnam," but the name got changed to "SupaflyHonkyGuy..." (anyone else find that name funny?)

Anyway, what I find funny is that one is from NY and one from Missourie, and that one is 15 and one is 16.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

No prob, I didnt read any of the posts, I just found Curtis Putnam after you mentioned the whole thing in the e-mail.

Sounds like a sketchy story to me though.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Take duplicate poems off one of the accounts as well please.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol, where's my cape?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

*laugh* ;)

• deadnalone
    19 years ago

it depends what sort of poetry you are looking for. my favs r probably thundersrose, toni and confusion although mortalidaga and brokendreams (amoung others) are very talented. Also, ive recently started reading stuff from Oddyball who is very very good and Kaitlin Kristina writes awesome erotics.

hope that was of some help

-ellie

• Anne Conner
    19 years ago

lipton, lyn_renae, It Itty ......

• Dorotea©
    19 years ago

hmm...these are the ones that come to mind straight away though I have many more in my favorites:

born2die4pride
    Killer Of Time
    Nada
    Matthew Hall
    No Motiv?
    Nobody
    Rua Francis
    Miss Vicious
    truth hurts

there are many more, but i cant remember them right now.