*~*OH MY GOD!!!*~*

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

I have a poet on here, on my MSN! and she asks me to read her poems.. so i do. But sometimes i am busy. And then she asks "plz plz plz rate high, i really need you to rate high, my poem is so low, and if you are going to rate low, dont rate at all"!
    Is it me.. or is that wrong?
    Plz.. some views! has anyone had this done to them??
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

It's wrong to ask someone to rate high if they feel the poem doesn't even deserve a high rating...Most people that ask people to rate high are the ones that don't write good poetry, and they're just desperate for some attention. Don't rate her at all is what I'd do, since she obviously doesn't deserve it and seems to be annoying.
    Satuxxa

• Eibutsina
    18 years ago

Oh dear I didn't realise the desperation had gotten this bad. It really is pathetic and wrong in my eyes. I write for myself. I appreciate the comments I get mor than anything, numbers are meaningless to me. I'm only here to improve myself as a writer, not to compete...others who are like this MSN girl should really start revaluating thier reasons for writing in the first place. If its not a passion why bother?

• ♥~Sªήdяª~♥
    18 years ago

People ask me to rate their poems high a lot. And If they're good then I do, but if they are bad I just don't vote...

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

I do, do that! But she just keeps asking me, and it does get really annoying.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Tell her no or just dont rate her work.

Or rate your actual opinion, that's novel.

• Eibutsina
    18 years ago

I agree Kaitlin, give honest feedback to those who request it. Don't sugar coat your responses because they ask you too - how will they learn to improve otherwise and how else are we supposed to stop this desperate behaviour...?

• N J Thornton
    18 years ago

Honestly I think vanity has got the better of this "poet" and she needs to wake up. This may sound harsh, but it's true. You can only vote what you feel, and if that isn't good enough for this person just don't bother.

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

Thanks guys! I just feel bad, when I say that her poems arent too good. But I guess i have to be honest with her!! Thanks xxx
    Much Love
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• Chris
    18 years ago

I understand the ratng system here and how it helps. But I've always felt that if you truely mean what you write then it shouldn't matter what your rating is. If you know your poem is good than thats all that matters.

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I totally agree with Chris. It shouldn't matter what your rating is. And I like what Eirisa said too. If it isn't a passion, then why bother? My sentiments exactly:)

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

The spelling mistakes above are bothering me...;)

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

For example, you spelled "exactly" like this:

Exactaly.