A good poet

• Christina Gomes
    18 years ago

What do you think are the traits of a good poet?

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I TOTALLY agree with Bob Shank. What I look for in a good poet is the flow of their poetry and the creativity. I love reading something that I've never read before. Something unpredictable!

• Christina Gomes
    18 years ago

yea i agree...but there are only so many things a person writes about. I knoe...usually i write about the same thing. I knoe i'm not a great writer...but i agree with u guys. the flow is of very big importance. and creativity does have it's limits, although i love trying out new things!

~Christina

• ღ.:Krissy:.ღ
    18 years ago

First off, Christina, you are a great writer! Tons of people love your work, especially me! But anyway, I think the flow is important. You have to make sure you can hold the person's interest in your poem. I wouldn't really want to read a poem that doesn't have very good flow. Also being creative. I tend to write about the same things, but that's what's in my heart. Which brings me to writing about what's in your heart. I like it when people write about how they feel.

~Krissy

• N J Thornton
    18 years ago

I have to say I agree with bob shank.

• Mel
    18 years ago

Empathy, pain, vision, humour.

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

Exactly what Chris said:)!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vesta
    18 years ago

must be a genius. My ideal poets write about simple things in the most brilliant way. You know, ones that put a whole new meaning to things.