What's Wrong with poet's?

• Chris
    18 years ago

I agree, no one is perfect and their poem shouldn't be judged by the spelling. Unless of course you can't understand the poem. Other then that they should judge the poem by what they see from it. Peopk write from their hearts and would like to see a decent comment, not one saying about the speeling.

• Lipton
    18 years ago

This is lame... and done to death.

For people who condone spelling errors on a WRITING site:

You're lame.

This is supposed to be a literary site. You're not supposed to make mistakes like that and just leave them. The cool thing about this site, is when you find a spelling error, you can go back and edit it, instead of staring at it, and getting all mad because everyone thinks you're a moron. Of course, if you DO just sit there and get all mad at people, you could be a moron.

Real writers want to make themselves look professional in their writing. I mean, if you can't spell, then maybe you shouldn't be writing.

Yes, people make mistakes. Everyone does. I do. However, there's obviously a difference between you and me. I worry, and I care about my own writing. If something's wrong, I'm willing to accept that, but I go back and change it.

Oh, you made three spelling errors, and made a fragment, Chris. =)

~Ciao Lipton

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

Nothings Wrong with poets!!!
    I have commented on one of your poems, saying about the spelling, I know it must be hard as english isnt your first language! But to me, some of the poem doesnt make sense!! I know it sounds strange. But just use the spell checker.
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• N J Thornton
    18 years ago

I am afraid I agree with Lipton and bob shank also. This is a literacy site and it does not hurt to use a spell checker once in a while.

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

Marielys, I do type full words!! i dont use 'ur' and 'u' often, if i do its because i have written it in Microsoft Word and i have simply copied and pasted it, because i was maybe rushing when i wrote it. But i will change it.
    By the way.. if you want to learn more english.. and practice english.. then write in proper english?! Yeah?!
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

ok, marielys, ive just been through most of my poems, and i cant see where i have put 'ur' or 'u'. could you please point out where i have 'gone wrong' please?!
    Thanks
    Hayley-Ree xxx

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

It's all constructive criticism and it forces you to get better.

The ONLY people on this site who push me to get better are the ones who are hard on me or the ones who correct me, the ones who say "that's great~!!! 5X" dont really do much for a developing writer.

If you're serious about writing, you will understand it is necessary. If you arent serious about it, there will always be someone else on here who is and who will jump at the chance to make you evolve. Disregard it, but you cant stop it. If all you want is to have sugar coated comments, you're here for the wrong reasons.

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

marielys, my poetry is for my use, its to get my feelings out, if you dont understand it, you dont understand it. But i write for me. Not for you!

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you? This topic is telling people NOT to give positive suggestions, yet you say "Sometimes people cant accept a positive suggestion."
    Why don't the both of you just take what people are saying, correct your faults and GROW from the critisizm.