Women are just as good...

• Gem
    18 years ago

I am so angry. I got told by the 'male' teacher i can't join the football team. I asked why, is it full? He turned around and said, "No, cos ur a girl!" Where is the justice in that! We girls can do whatever you lads can!! It tears me up to hear people say that!!! Opinions plp? Lotsa luv, Gem xx

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

hahahaha oooooooooh dear.
    Women are "just as good as men" in the general aspect. but as far as sports go...we suck.
    lol
    It's true, girls don't belong in the guys' football team. We'll mess them up...badly.
    Of course there are exceptions, (ex: a highschool girl who somehow managed to be the boys' varsity football star athelete...I don't have all the details on that but it was pretty damn rare) but those exceptions are definetly in the minority.
    guys kick our asses in sports merely because they're stronger and faster, that's humanity's physique and how we've been made. Even if a girl worked twice as much as a guy to run faster or lift more he would kill her in those aspects just because of evolution.
    It sucks, but what are you gonna do
    I say, create a powder puff leage! (we've got one:) ) bottom line though, you're not gonna make football. And girls just aren't near as good as far as sports go.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Only if a girl can prove that she can meet the physical standards to be on the team, with no exceptions or handicaps for being a girl, can she be on the team.

• Kenickie
    18 years ago

You know you should go out for the team because as long as their isn't a girls team they have to let you go out for the team. It is illegal if they don't.

• Gem
    18 years ago

Thankyou for all your feedback, it's been kinda helpful, lol. BTW, this is english football (soccer) and i been playing since i was 5, theres no way i'm gonna get hurt, i've bin in friendly games with these same lads at the park and trashed them so i don't see why i can't be on a team????? Lotsa luv. Gem xx

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

What about serving your breakfast in bed?

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I think most men know more about women than they give themselves credit for, personally.

Some of them.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

"What makes men chase women if they have no intention of marrying?
    The same urge that makes dogs chase cars they have no intention of driving."

lol I like that one

So where did you get these? off one of those men are from mars T-shirts?

• Laura
    18 years ago

i say, try out for the football team and kick their fucking asses.

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

Why do men wear neckties?

To keep the foreskin off their face

But really.. my daughter wanted to play football (little league) and the dr. said that at her young age there is no problem. The problem starts at puberty because a girl's body is so different than a boys and the risk of a seriouse injury is extremely high.

--Sher

• Gem
    18 years ago

Muahahaha! I went to the try outs... i tried out... I GOT IN!!

Football kit - £15.00,
    Football Boots - £23.00,
    Football - £6.00,
    The look on the lads faces when i kicked their ass' and beat them onto the team.... PRICELESS!!!

Lotsa luv, Gem xx

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

yay girls arnt just as good they better!!!!

• charity
    18 years ago

Ha dam right girls! We rock and guys suck! us girls could do without men in the world! Well we need them for some things if you know what I mean ;) but seriously if it weren't for that one thing we could do anything tee hee, cause without men we couldn't have more girls and that would be depressing :) Girls rock!! and guys are sexest (pedifile) *wink wink*

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

any source of intelligence this topic might have had, is gone.

• Waterlover4890
    18 years ago

well, last year my guy cousin played football, and a girl made the team. It was really cool because she was really good. She went from soccer to football, and now plays college football. And what about Danica Patrick? She was in the Indy 500, and she came in FOURTH place. So, I think women can do anything, but men in reality are built to be stronger than us women.

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

im on the guys gaelic team in school :) but school over now.....so il stick to skating :)

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

"He said a womens place is in the kitchen, and in the bed. "

Well melissa, most likely the guy who said that was joking or just an idiot and isn't worth getting pissed over.

Second, there was a chat about this and there are reasons why America isn't ready for a woman to be in the whitehouse. Not because the woman can't do it, but because The U.S just isn't ready to follow a female leader. In the future it will happen I have no doubt, but at this point in time it would only cause conflict.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

If you want to play sports join a girls team.

I'm not sexist, I'm realist. Unless you're an olympic standard athlete a woman will underperfom in every physical aspect to a man and that means a weaker link in the team. And when all is said and done that's what football, American Football etc is all about, teamwork. If you're not doing as much as everyone else (despite the undoubted effort) then you're making others work even harder.

I love womens football (yes, my yank friends, that's soccer) the skill levels are of the highest level, but even the top womens football team would get outplayed by a league two team in england (compare a majorleague baseball team playing a AAA team).

The sad reality is that physically women can't compete with men, simply because you're not designed for it.

B