Analyze this quote, part 4

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

I think that this quote is saying that this person did whatever it took to reach their goal and didn't care if they lied, cheated, or stole. They basically stepped on anyone that got in their way. But, while climbing to the top, they were also inadvertently climbing into hell and didn't realize it until it was much too late.

When I read this I think of defense lawyers because of that movie "Devil's Advocate".

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

The most ambitious people sometimes miss out on spectacular things in life. Being successful usually comes at a price. Working long hours doesn't leave much time for family and friends. I think that's an aspect of this quote. He missed out on the little things in life that mean so much~Holly

• Mel
    18 years ago

Ambition, and the success from ambition, can often come with a heavy price on the soul.

I can think of many people in history who have learned this lesson - as I can friends.

A line from John Lennon's 'Working Class Hero' probably sums it up: '....but first you must learn how to smile as you kill if you want to be like the folks on the hill'.