Questions..

• EJ
    18 years ago

All my friends that i have let read some of my poems say i am good.. but then i put them on this site and when i do get a vote or comment.. it is usually not the best.. what is good exactly? and how come like some people get so many votes but others get so less? what determines who gets voted and commented on? is it like a popularity contest? sorry so many questions.. just wondering.. answer if you can.. thanks

• EoB
    18 years ago

Yupp...Bob is right..

about 90% of the writers here will give you one of those famous "Excellent, 5/5 for you"-comments, so that you comment on them...

I've seen poems so filled with clichès, that I had trouble eating for days after reading them..and they get 5/5, while poems with more depth to them, will be given 4, or none at all..

It sucks...

If you want honest critique, I suggest you enter the "Request to read" forum, and post a topic there saying: "Honest comments wanted...will return the favor"

then you should. write something like: "Only honest comments accepted, not "5/5 great job", but longer...The favor will be returned with much honesty..

That should do it

If you want me to, I'll check out a few of your poems...Just contact me, or post something on this topic...

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

"I've seen poems so filled with clichès, that I had trouble eating for days after reading them..and they get 5/5, while poems with more depth to them, will be given 4, or none at all.."

Enslavement of Beauty...you are hilarious! And I totally agree.

Great advice bob. I am going to check out that website you suggested.

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

im gonna check out that site bob....and if you have a friend on the site they will read your stuff prob.....some people just check out your stuff so you will repay the favor....some people request stuuf to be read....

• EJ
    18 years ago

hey thanks i'll look into that.. i really want some honest feed back and i think i'm ready for it.. Yeah Enslavement of Beauty i would really like that.. thanks again yall..