Moral Obligations part 2

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

HA HA Chris!

I think the reason why people care so little about homeless people and so much about homeless animals is because they automatically see homeless people as lazy and uneducated. It's sad but many people automatically assume that homeless people and beggars are just too lazy to get a job and support themselves. They must be addicted to drugs or alcohol or they must be too irresponsible to keep a job or go to school. Therefore they have brought it on themselves. (Hmmph. How dare they breathe our air!)
    While the helpless homeless animal is homeless due to no fault of his own. He is just a poor defenseless animal who has suffered some terrible plight and who must be helped immediately.

I must admit that there are lots of homeless people who are scam artists and crooks, who are just too lazy to get a job and who would rather beg than get off their butts. But personally I would rather see a lazy homeless person helped over a helpless homeless animal (who has natural animal instincts by the way, so I wouldn't really called him completely helpless) any day of the week.

• Tammy
    18 years ago

The very first time I saw a homeless man was about 12 years ago & I cried off & on all day. It just broke my heart that someone would have to beg for an odd job just to eat.
    My husband & I "take in" the homeless from time to time & help them get back on their feet. We have helped 5 men now. My family never knows who will be with us when we come for a family gathering. They accept them and treat them all with respect & love.( I couldn't ask for a better family)
    You do have to be careful if you decide to help people.. Sometimes there may be mental issues involved. The last man we opened our home to stalked me for over 6 months after he left. Where ever I went, he was there. He would come to my job and was just really creeping me out. He was obsessed with me. He would leave letters that were a bit upsetting in my van & in our mailbox. I prayed about it & asked God to remove him from our lives if he was a danger to me. I have never seen him anywhere since I prayed that prayer. However, having a bad expierence will not stop us from helping someone in the future. I absolutely believe we should help others when they need it. I just wish more people were willing to do this.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

it is the moral obligation of the homeless person to sort themself out and get back on their feet. Panhandlers, beggars and thieves, that's what it boils down to. If someone WANTED to do something with their life they can do it.

I have no moral obligation to a homeless person, they got themself in the predicament, they can get themselves out of it. All it takes is a trip to the local dss office (here in the UK) and if you can't be arsed to do that you deserve everything you get.

• Renee
    18 years ago

WoOt!!! go head bret!!!