HELP plz im stuck

• danni
    20 years ago

does anyone know the word for 'one-sided love' like where say sally loves harry but harry doesnt love sally plz someone help

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

not reciprocated, unrequited kind of works too, like Sally's love for Harry is unrequited, but it means more "unsatisfied," whereas love that is not reciprocal is more what you're talking about.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I said unrequited worked too, my personal conotation of the word didnt quite match what she wanted to imply. Thats simply what I stated, but I agree with the dictionary definition as well.

• Kia
    19 years ago

i agree with JustPlainMe unrequited works best. i've never heard of unreciprocated or non reciprocated love.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

If you've never heard of love being unreciprocated you must be living under a rock.

Technically, considering the "one word" claus, you would be correct.

However if I were writing a poem I would exercise both the words "unrequited," and "unreciprocated."

They both mean unfulfilled or unsatiated, etc. They are relative enough to be interchangeable.

• -
    19 years ago

i agree with K.K.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

She agrees with K because shes right *smiles*

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

How about using metaphor? For example:

My love for X is a one way street.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Yes- a single word claus Bret, read the contract.

Plus, considering poetic license is a factor if this is going to be used in a POEM, unreciprocated can become a word as soon as it is typed or written.

• Annie
    19 years ago

Actually... I would at first say not reciprocated.. but that isn't one word. Shucks. That's what I say to people wearing shirts stating "Jesus loves me" I always tell them he doesn't reciprocate.

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Ok, seeing as the contract is being vehermently adhered to (Sticking to contracts constrains a view of the horizon.)...

Words that have one direction that do not mean urequited or reciprocation but can be correctly expressive when used properly.

Elephant*, rail-roaded, freight-trained, rocket, light-like, Arrow, bullet, spear, locomotive.

*Elephant: watch the film Hannibal Brooks.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

lol