Stop your whining

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Though I don't leave bad comments I do think people should take pride in their writing. It reflects YOU. Why would you want everyone to think you're a complete idiot? Show pride in youself and your work. When I stumble across a poem with all that short hand garbage I don't even take the time to read it, I just skip right over it.

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

(-sigh- another one...)

You know, it's sometimes good for a person to hear that their poem needs work. There are so many writers here with their heads up in the clouds, thinking their poems are great! If I see a terrible poem, I don't comment, but if I see a bad one, I might comment in hopes that the writer will learn something from the comment. Giving critique doesn't mean saying "Oh i just HATE your poem it sucks so bad." You have to say the reason why you don't like it.

• EoB
    18 years ago

goog luck with this one...

*waiting for JPM*

(if he hasn't diarrhoea this time)

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

If a person gets all great comments, how will they ever grow as a writer? Honestly if they can't take the criticism then they shouldn't post their poetry~Holly

• Synyster
    18 years ago

Poetry is the door to your soul. It shows more than just the words, It's you, in essence. I refuse to post work unless I am sure I want that to represent me.

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Holly and Maharani, I agree.

• Synyster
    18 years ago

*takes a bow* thanks, dorthea

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

Exactly, Sunny! If you have to stop at every other line to try and decipher what someone's trying to convey, then all the emotion just evaporates! I agree with you whole heartily....Holly

• Synyster
    18 years ago

*nods* people have to perfect (to the furthest) their work before posting it, because rough, grammatically incorrect poems lose their emotion when people have to stop to figure out what they mean...

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Sunny takes her own advice as she always writes proper English. Whoops her little spelling mistakes. This is not about simple mistakes it's about people being stupid and lazy when writing.

• Synyster
    18 years ago

For once, I agree with Natalie. It's okay to make a little mistake here and there, but don't be a loaf when you're writing poetry to post. We don't need to sit there for an hour trying to read short hand and obscure slang...

• Charlotte
    18 years ago

Look, It is annoying when people spell stuff way wrongand TyPe WiTh EveRy OtHeR lEtTeR cApItOlIzEd!! Espescially when they dont even spell out the words! Please dont tell me that you dont even think that this at least slightly annoying. And as for the comment thing, I like it when people dis my poetry! It gives me something to improve! If you are going to be rude about it, then I agree, dont say anything. But if you are going to say something like, "I like your idea, but you should try putting an even amount of sylaboles in each stanza" then that is fine.

• Sean
    18 years ago

Another question, what's wrong with paragraphing on this website?

It drives me INSANE trying to read some of these unearthly large blocks of writing, when a line between each point is all you need to do to make it alot, and i mean ALOT easier to read.

Ever feel like people skim past your writing on forums? Thats probably because it's to large to read!

• Lydie
    18 years ago

In a way your right, but in another way your wrong. Personally I'd rather be told about my errors so I can learn from them and improve my writing, it's better to have critisizm rather than nothing at all.

-LYD

• Ashleigh Skye
    18 years ago

i sort of agree with that I believe that you shouldn't leave negative comments but if you have to then try and tell them how they can improve it, dont just tell them that is sux and give them a one. Yeah thats my opinon. Take care

• Lipton
    18 years ago

I have an idea...

Stop whining about how people keep criticizing your typing. If it really bothers you, move on, and don't do it to other people.

~Ciao Lipton

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

Actually by posting your writing on line you are asking others to give you an honest opinion.

That does not mean you are asking someone to simply say.. your writing sucks and I don;t think you should write anymore. But you are asking someone to give an honest opinion on how they think you can improve your style of writing.

I have had many people comment on mine different ways that I could improve. Some say that I should use a different choice of words, some say that I should change my style and so on.

Honestly the critism that I have recieved in all my days of writing has helped me tremendously. By looking at the first writing I ever posted on this site to my more recent writings I myself can see how I have grown.

If a person is not seriouse about growing then the comments should not bother them, and if a person truly wants to grow and learn then they will be thankful for constructive critism.

There is no one poem that everyone will agree upon and like, but that is the beauty of it all. The fact that many people will have such a difference of opinions opens the world up to perfecting art.

There is not one poem I have written that everyone likes, but in the end it boils down to how I feel about what I have written. Is it something that helped me emotionally? Is it a piece of work that I can be proud of? This is honestly the only thing that should matter...

And as I have discovered... writing something that is important to me and something that I can take pride in has also helped me when I began sending in manuscripts and got my first book of poems published. It all boils down to wanting to grow and how you feel about your work.

Just my opinion

--Sher

Forgive all the spelling errors just really tired right now lol