Capital Punishment: Part II

• InMyWorld
    18 years ago

I would feel differently as far as my emotions go...of course it would hurt me much more, but i doubt that would affect my decision about what i would like to be done in consequence to the person.

i dont like the idea of executions, but if they will exist, yes i think lethal injection is the "nicest" way, if you will.

they should NEVER be televised or held publicly...it's degrading and humiliating, and what about the criminal's family? who would want to see their child or relative killed live for the world to see?

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

As inmyworld said it would be a lot harder obviously if it was a relative of mine. However, I would not wish that person dead. Punished, but not dead. And making someone's death public is sick and anyone who is for that is just as bad as the criminal himself. What would we get from that? It surely can not be satisfaction. To watch a man take his last breath is not satisfactory and besides that why should their families be punished for their actions. To make their death public would destroy their relatives.

• Ashleigh Skye
    18 years ago

I belive that it should be allowed, it should not be limited by leathel injections (something not cruel though) and it should in no way be recorded or telivised cause you could get some people who want to try it themselves, or you just might really hurt their family when they start the re-runs

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

So the electric chair is cool?

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

I'd be inclined to allow public executions, but only in the manner of non-televised crucifixions.

If you want to see it that badly you can travel to the site. I would not risk allowing someone the chance to accidentally change channel to see someone being killed.

• Mel
    18 years ago

Yeah, televise them. Begin with tomato throwing and maybe wet sponges - you know let the kids go first, and then work up to the bigger stuff- stones and bricks. The end game would be blunt knives followed by shooting practice.

That's just my random views on the 'death penalty' and good television combined

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Death Penalty game shows would be an interesting concept.

Get to X points and you can choose which death row inmate you want to cark it and choose the method, too.

Methods would include classical and high tech ways.

Classical: electric chair, hanging, guillotine, Wood mill saw (Execution Cartoon style), and the highly overlooked bamboo tree method (look it up).

High Tech: Death by... Cannon, Tomahawk cruise missle, Bunjee rope (oh dear, it's 6ft too long), The slingshot and brick wall combo mega deal, death by special effects.

Many, many, many more, I'll let you come up with some before I take a second bite.

• Mel
    18 years ago

I've always longed for something other than a punch bag for my martial arts group. I'd let them practice lunge punches and low side kicks on the scrawny little child molesters (before kicking them senseless), and then work up onto the heavy kicking and kneeing on the serial killer guys. I would then draw some king of lottery for the 'killer' blows to be struck.

Mmmm, body disposal? well, there's a skip behind the hall - that would do.

whether I'd get some kind of television rights out of this, I'm not sure; but the concept seems sound enough.

• Brookeღ
    18 years ago

Ismail,
    "Lol, although i abhor capital punishment, if someone molested my child or killed my child. I would make it my life's mission to search the creep out, then torture him until i am satisfied. Then i will end his petty little life.

That's just me though, i don't like anyone harming what I love. "

This statement is a contradiction from what you said in discussion I. I asked the question if the crime was committed against one of your family members how would you feel. Your response was different from your above post.

Your response:

"The answer to that question Brooke, is yes. I would love to see the man suffer and rot in jail, than giving him a free pass to death. Giving these prisioner's death, is like saying "You are free to go now."

"If we kill them, aren't we the same as them. Killers. If we kill someone, in some ways, we are taking the role of God. If we kill them, aren't we the same as them."