So Confused

• Megan Kaye
    18 years ago

Okay, I thought at my age (19) guys could no longer confuse me....but I'm totally wrong. There's this guy, and we have a history....we both lost our virginity to each other and I really liked him at the time....well nothing else happened, and I didn't talk to him for a year...but now I am. And I really like him again. He's been telling me that he's liked me a lot this past year, but he hasn't had a good year and he didn't know what to do about me. Well he was a jerk to me after we had had sex, so at first I didn't know whether to believe him or not...but now I kind of do, and I don't think that's wrong...but he won't talk to me at all about his life...why it was so bad, I want to try and help him, but I don't know how....How do I make him see that I care about him a lot and that I want him to share his problems with me so I can try and help him, without pushing him away?

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

You tell him you'll be there for him as and when he's ready to tell you, regardless of how long it takes.

You're his friend first. anything that comes after that is for the future.

• Megan Kaye
    18 years ago

The thing is, before we had sex we weren't really friends, we've never been friends...I don't know how to just be his friend

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Remove that aspect of your relationship and start from the beginning with the basics.

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

hey, i know im really young... but dont be easy.. i dont know if you know what i mean, but dont let him take control of you, im sure your a strong woman. Dont fall into a mans trap (not being sexist, females do it too).
    Just watch out for yourself, if you think he will hurt you again... back off a little bit.
    Hayley-Ree xxx