Poetry Is An Art.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

People say that poetry is an art, if it is how come people just use at as some form of trash:

WhEN Ppl WriTe Lyk DiS - It makes it really hard to read.

When people write some big slab of writing, it makes it hard to read.

People are saying that we should critisize others work, personally that's half the reason I joined this website. I want to be able to fix up my mistakes and learn from them.

If people are just writing good things, then how on Earth can we fix them. We don't know what's wrong.

You have to be cruel to be kind. I'd much rather have an honest opinion on my work rather than something that is fake. I'd much rather know how to improve my work too, how else do I get better at writing?

Who else agrees?

Poetry is an art so we shouldn't treat it like some trashy writing joint.

-Lyd

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Ok untouchable - You act like your top s***, You think you are so much better than every body else, I do have to agree with you on one thing though that the issue I posted had been done far to many times; I of course hadn't realised that.

You say you do give good comments when they are deserved, well obviously you think everyone on this entire site can't write if their life depended on it....

I do like honest feedback but most of the time you just say random crap just to get back at others. You are obviously way to good for the rest of us so why don't you just pack your bags and leave!

-Lyd

P.S sorry guys but it had to be said.

• EoB
    18 years ago

Untouchable...

You are a plagiarizer...

We don't want your opinion...

• Sean
    18 years ago

I think the main problem on this site is that there are hundreds of young teenagers who really don't apreicate poetry, or how to devolop there skills.

They just want a place to present endless 'trash' (which to them they may think is great because they show all there friends, and there friends are all nice and polite and say 'awww it's wonderful' even if it's unreadable.)

Alot of people though come here and you can see vast improvement within there work, but it's a matter of finding those people through the endless amount of crap.

(Being harsh, but i've been in a harsh mood as of late)

• Lydie
    18 years ago

How can you make such a generalisation!

-Lyd

• Lydie
    18 years ago

I am a teenager - and you just made such a generalisation!

I just said - very first post - That i would rather have honest opinions, than fake ones!

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

I'm a teenager too.

Doesn't change the fact that most of us are complete plonkers.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Ok - now i have to admitt it - Good call,

However you should try and make your points a little bit clearer - it was more like you were blamming everyone...
    But I don't think that's what you meant

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

"is that there are hundreds of young teenagers"

From that, i'd have hoped people would understand that may be 20 or so young teens who are actually alright :P

• Lydie
    18 years ago

woah sorry completely lost you there!

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

Bad typing, don't worry.

There are only probably around 20ish teenagers on this site who i'd consider 'serious writers'

It's pathetic, lol.

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

Sean, I completely agree with you!

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Well please define 'serious writers' for me...

'serious writers' do you mean good writers or something else???

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

People who write and have potentional to be good because they want to be better and put effort into there works

• Lydie
    18 years ago

And your saying out of this entire site you think there is like 20?

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

Of teenage writers, yes.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Oh ok - and on this site or just everywhere?

sorry about all the questions

-Lyd

• Sean
    18 years ago

On this site.

• BrokenMisery
    18 years ago

Too true, there are a lot of writers who couldn't give a c*** if you try and leave some honest critisim, and usually go around dropping rude inappropriate comments at your poems and/or go around giving you 1s on all your writing "to teach you a lesson" *cough*Untouchable*cough*

I know I could proabaly never make it to be a great professional writer but I want some honest critisim, because I want to grow as a person and as a writer, I wish most people on this site would be here to do the same thing, but I'll keep dreaming...

• Lydie
    18 years ago

So basically when people want honest critisizm - however you spell that - they want a point of view and ways to improve, but not something mean...

Is that true?

-Lyd

• BrokenMisery
    18 years ago

yeh, baisically Lyd, not mean, just a comment of what they liked in it- so you know what you're doing right, and something they think needed working so you know where/how to improve.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Ok thanks that's all i needed to hear...

Obviously there are far too many people on this site with far too many different opinions!

-Lyd

• EoB
    18 years ago

WRONG FORUM....

• Lydie
    18 years ago

So you think that because of all the kids on this site you think that poetry is becoming distorted and becoming less like an art?

And you also think that it's only the 'kid's on this site's fault?

And you also keep spelling what wrong and it annoys me! :D

-Lyd

• Lydie
    18 years ago

I'm not mad at anything and that wasn't meant to sound bitchy or whatever....

I was just asking 2 questions.. fair enough your entilted to your own opinion.

-Lyd