Do People behave differently when wearing different clothes?

• Atomic
    18 years ago

Well, that where women get their confidence from. The better they're dressed, the more popular they seem to get. Yes, people act differently when they are dressed differently, as for an example. When dressed in comfortable clothes, we're playful and won't mind getting down and dirty, when dressed up in suits or whatever more, we act professional. The clothes are what make us who we are, or so, some were led to believe.....

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• !*!Zoe!*!
    18 years ago

Yes, when I know I look good, I act more confident that when I know I look bad. (of course, I always look good, so I always act confident...:-p)

• Renee
    18 years ago

LMAO

you have a clown suit?

I think, yes, people do behave differently. Clothing is an expression of personality. Sometimes I just feel like wearing a certain something because maybe I feel good about myself or I'm feeling self conscious. I wear my clothes to match my mood.

But, if your question is "if someone puts something on, like all black clothes, do they act as if they are depressed or what not?"

I don't think so. I don't think clothes make the person. The person makes the clothes. I guess. I don't know if that made sense at all.

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

hmm.........brilliant topic ^__^

uuuuuuuuuuuuh.....i think so.......

and i agree with everyone who has posted, i believe that confidence has to do with it......

but i as well would like to see if i can agree with anyone who posts after me....and as renee says the clothes don't change your natural PERSONALITY.....isn't that the word i'm looking for??

Peace! :P

• Atomic
    18 years ago

Yes, but you tend to become one with your clothes. And yes, it does rise your confidence a lot.
    I have a friend, whom is slightly plain looking and she knows the only way to catch a guy's attention is dress more revealing. So she dresses more like a harlot now, mini skirts and all. And once she received the attention from those guys, she never dressed for comfort anymore. I don't think I can even call her my friend anymore, her attitude changes, blah blah blah.........

Almighty Chris-You know what I meant......

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Renee
    18 years ago

hmmmm...yes, but did the clothes change her?

she wanted the attention, so she changed what she wore. Her attitude changed, so her clothes changed.

• Atomic
    18 years ago

Renee- Her clothes changes first hand. Then her whole attitude, what bugs me now is everyone is talking behind her back about how much of a whore she is, and she still think they're her friends! Oi! The downside of being popular!

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Yes, I would have to say they do.
    We bought our son a leather biker jacket when he was 6 and every time he put it on his personality changed. We passed it down to the other 4 children as it fit and they all acted different with it on.
    I recently sold it on Ebay & the lady e-mailed me saying her son did the same thing.
    Kids are so funny.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Cool question.

I recall once in a magazine there was an ad for a new RPG game for the PC. One of the cool things it mentioned was that whatever hero you chose for your game, if he or she lost their super hero costume, they would get a minus bonus point percentage to their spirit, charisma and luck.

I like that idea.