Do people ever........

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Well....i don't think that anyone will ever fully understand another's words.

And those people....eeh don't want to call anyone ignorant, do i? Cause that's not the word.....

No, nobody should resort to cutting.

• Lydie
    18 years ago

Well it's understandable that people don't understand them the way you want them to, it's your work that's why you know, that's why you understand it, becuase you know why you wrote it, why you used those words, why it's written the way it is....etc.

Some people don't understand what I've written, but I do, so it doesn't really matter to me.

-Lyd

• Ashleigh Skye
    18 years ago

not always do people understand my poems exactally like I do, but that is the beauty of poetry you can write a poem meaning something and some else can look at it and relate on a totally different level.

And people shouldn't cut I believe that if they are going through anything really rough that they feel thats the only thing that they can do then they should seek help. But thats just my thoughts.

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Most people understand my poetry I think. However, poetry can mean one thing to one person & something totally different to the next person. It's all good :o)

As far as writing poetry about suicide & rape, A lot of times poetry is all about what you are feelong inside at the time you are writing.
    Sometimes writing is a way of healing or dealong with a situation.
    I wrote a poem called "Forever Changed" about being raped and just getting it off my chest helped a lot. I was starting to have terrible nightmares (and this was 25 years ofter the fact) I wrote a poem about it and the nightmares stopped. Poetry can help people heal, no doubt in my mind whatsoever.
    I say write what you feel like writing and don't worry about everyone else liking it, as long as you are satisfied with your work.

Take care & God bless you!!