Are people full of themselves?

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

I agree with all of the above...

Peaces.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Hmmm...I think I would have to...Not agree with either of you. Lol. I'm not sure what I think of this subject yet. But..If they want to quote scripture...Why not, I guess. As long as they have their own thoughts and opinions to go along with it.
    ~*Freak*~

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Hmm..Good point...I'm not fully awake yet...So I can't really argue any points yet...Lol
    ~*Freak*~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Freak: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP. lmao

which is ironically the name of that post you started awhile back. :P

Peaces.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

haha yes, I remember...

But yes Ismail, I do beleive you are correct. Blind faith is foolish...And...yea I lost what I was gonna say next
    ~*Freak*~

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

If a person's religion says that people not of the same faith will go to hell then that's their belief. They can voice that opinion all they want. It is not bigotry, it is freedom of speech.

Every faith based religion is blind. It is the blindness of it and the conviction to hold true that gives us inner sight.

• Lipton
    18 years ago

True, Bret... Very true.

Besides, why do you care if... say... I say you're going to Hell because you don't believe in God (example)? Why does that bother you? I couldn't care less if someone came up to me and said I would burn in Hell, because THEIR belief system said so. That's fine. That's their opinion. It's no use trying to argue about it, because there's only one way to find out.

~Ciao Lipton

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

It's not posting to sway, it's expressing beliefs. If you disagree with it it's fine.

And if Lipton believes the scriptures are true then it IS his opinion because he agrees with it. No?

• natalie
    18 years ago

i would like to say the bible is not just a book based on faith, its a very valuable historical document, it is the most proven document of antiquity and as far as i am aware, scholars and historians worldwide class it as such. i am not saying that is why christians quote it. also it is said in the bible that the word of the Lord (the bible) is the best way to show non christians about God. Being God's words and all.

• natalie
    18 years ago

Ismail if you believed that every person on earth was going to suffer eternal damnation if they did not have the knowledge you culd give them, wouldnt you want them to know it?

• natalie
    18 years ago

Look i the bible is not 'just' that and i gave you reasons why not, if you can disprove this, by giving some substantial reason it is not a historical document, i wuold love to hear it. So you would not be trying to save people from eternal suffering, because they are happy now? Well thats ok then. Yes i respect that you have your beliefs, but not telling you mine when i feel they are so important, would be saying my faith isnt important enough. If you dont want religion in you face, why do you reply to threads about christianity? just ignore it. btw did you say you were a muslim?

• natalie
    18 years ago

Thats a good thing to say asley :D i liked it :D

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

They can post what they believe, and quote scripture to back up what they believe. I don't have a problem with that. However, Ismail where I do agree with you is when people start trying to force things upon another person. It is alright to tell someone, but but you can't technically make someone believe the same way as you, so if they don't agree with your religion after you tell them they should just be left alone.

• Lipton
    18 years ago

I'm sorry... I was never aware that quoting scripture was wrong. I was never aware that using scripture to back up your statements was wrong.

This is what I think is funny.

~Ciao Lipton

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

To each his own. People of different walks of life have strong convictions on religion and politics. These are two very sensitive issues and have been as history shows the reasons for war and violence.

That is why I have made it my policy to try and stay clear as far as possible on comments or writing on religion and politics as they are far too sensitive and personal.

I feel that each person should choose their own path and we should not ram our convictions down other peoples throats.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

no one should be force feed a religion. but you should be able to share your opinions with others, but you shouldn't be anoying and if you know that they don't want to hear it leave them alone. if a person needs direction then yes it would be ok to talk to them about it, but talk don't force. just show what your faith has to offer it's thier choice to accept god or not. you don't need scripter to always back you up, just be the person that you are with god, show you loving and open heart and it can spread sometimes.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Jessica
    18 years ago

okay... lol im only 12 and uhh... i have no idea what you are talking about ENGLISH please lol sorry im just not that smart...

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

we are talking about the bible and what the right and wrong way people uses the scriptures. (mostly the wrong way)

~PLP~ lil slam~