Abusive Relationships

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

Ok i was watching Opera today, which i normally do not do, just today my mom was watching it and so i just decided to join her out of the blue. the topic was really seriouse though, for anyone who saw it can agree with me. it was about a man that had stabbed his wife over 59 times, and killed his two kids, about three stories like that. it was so sad, i felt like crying!

but then they said for every 100 men that kill his wife 75 wife's kill thier husbands. but they do it for different reasons. Men do it to hold onto them, Women do it to get rid of them. just thought it might be an intresting topic for people to maybe discuss.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Mel
    18 years ago

Interesting. I'm not sure of the percentages of deaths in relation to one another, though.

Men, it seems, when 'holding on' psychologically, and then getting messed around psychologically, might tip the ballance of their heads with a little drug involvement and or dependance. I guess the majority of these murders had a jealous theme? The amount of 'domestic' assaults/fights I 've seen in the streets on a weekend due to booze would astound you. Fuel this further and murder is what you can get. Sad but true.

Women, on the other hand can/do endure constant abuse over a long period of time. Some just will not get out of it! seriously, they would rather endure the 'nothing in common' and the odd slap and an affair, than be on their own. Sheesh. Others, of course, are controlled by 'their man' and suffer the real beatings whilst he's a doing the 'cheatings'. I guess it's the latter who turn the knife on the male.

Well, just my thoughts on it.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

the men weren't on drugs or drinking, before this had happened one was extremely depressed and unhappy with his life, he was a preist too but he killed his wife. the other story that i heard was that the other had a hard time keeping a job which they said also may trigger actions, plus the couple just seperated. Many of them also lie which also then causes them to do such actions rather then living with it.

those are all reasons why the female would do it, but then it sounds like most of the blame ends up on the male again.i'm sure there may be events when a women would kill her husband without the husband having blame. i'm not sure really. but in some areas i do agree, women don't like the thought of being alone (seen it myself) so they stay in the tough relationships.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

bob thats real cool with what you said.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Awesomely said bob...

Peaces.

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Seen it...she kicked that bastard's ass...

Peaces.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

Enough was a good movie! kick ass girl power in the end, he deserved it.

but i agree i don't like it when women stay in abusive relationships for the children either. it's like a silent message that this is normal or ok for a man to do to his wife, in a way. if you get what i mean?

~PLP~ lil slam~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

^^I understand that part.

Peaces.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

ok at least i know someone knows what i'm saying.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

well i am a young women and i certainly do have shoes... and Ismail you certailny do like to disagree with me on many levels! but it is still not good for the kid like she maybe thinking.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i'm going to be gone on vacation for about three weeks, so you won't be seeing any recient comments from me. so see you all later.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Tammy
    18 years ago

When I was 8 years old, my mother married this guy. He seemed like a really great guy while we were in the states.
    His job moved him to different parts of the world. We all moved to South Africa. Once we got there, he was a different person. He started beating my mother, almost every day. It was nothing to come home & see blood all over the walls throughout the house. My mother would never tell us where it came from, but we knew. I do remember my mom slept with a butcher knife under her pillow every night. We couldn't leave because we were on his Visa. And when we first moved there, they didn't have telephones yet, so we couldn't call for help. Somehow though, after 2 years, (by then they had telephones) Good ole Grandpa got us out of there.
    I promised I would never let any man hit me... not more than once anyway.
    Take Care

• SARAH
    18 years ago

I agree with Bob!! And the same for women.. they arent really women.. just little girls who need to grow up and realize that there are other ways to deal with their problems.....!!

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

but it's also said that women normally kill their husbands for protection to get out of the situation. normally with the physical abuse their is emotional abuse as well and he will try to threaten her and keep her away from going to the cops and make her feel trapped in the situation and that it's her fault that he has to do this to her. or he might threaten to hurt her family... but this is just what i heard on opera from someone who specializes in abusive relationships.

~Jacklyn

To those who have shared thier stories about abuse i feel sorry that you have had to experiance this. no one deserves to go through it. In ways i know how tough it is a family member of mine isn't physically abused by emotionaly.