multiple personalities

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

back from vaca, time to argue.

Let's talk about multiple personalities. People are claiming they do not in any form exist and are used as either a subconscious, or fully aware, excuse for lashings and hostility.

My opinion, I haven't studied it a lot so my view could change but from what I know, I think they are very real. If a person is deeply disturbed or just incredibly lonely they have the capability to create at first an "imaginary friend" within themselves (which they may or may not know are imaginary) and with increased time this new "friend" begins to think on its own, without any awareness from the creator.

People argue that these new personalities do not exist on their own because they are made up of hidden desires or thoughts from the original person, so they are not existing independently at all. They also say that a whole new state of thought or mind cannot be brought into existence by mere illusions.

I'm in a hurry so I'll add more later but I think that they do exist because eventually some cases have come to the point where they are aware of their split state of thought yet still cannot control the new person's actions or are aware of what they have done.

That probably wasn't the best written but like i said I'm in a hurry

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Bob...You are CRAZY!!!!

Always good for a laugh :)

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

LMAO peoples...

Peaces...

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

nice sluvious

• A Bnormal
    18 years ago

I think they are VERY real. Just my opinion tho. Laterz.

~Shattered~

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Nice, Bob. :D

I think they are real. Like you said Pink, first there's probably just the imaginary friend, and soon the imaginary friend 'takes control' and then that person has two different personalities.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I used to be schizophrenic....but now i'm just lonely.

Many are the rooms of the mind, and long are it's hallways. Who knows what lurks and lives in these rooms...doors open and close all the time.

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

those damned elves.

Wouldn't it be terrifying to find out there was another person within your mind taking over your body at certain points and actually doing physical actions which you have no idea about?

....more frightening yet, wouldn't it be terrifying to find out you were actually a personality which developed in someone's head, and never physically existed?