Intelligent Discussion: Happy Families

• Sean Allen
    18 years ago

Um, I'd have to say that depends on what you would mean by that. No one is really happy all the time, and I'd say that families work the same way too. I do think there are families wherein all the members have healthy relationships with each other. That doesn't mean that they always get along or see eye-to-eye on everything. And it doesn't mean the parents don't get the fights, the siblings don't argue, the teenagers don't complain. It just means there really isn't that much dysfunction. If that's what you're talking about, then yeah, I'd say they do exist. I'd say my family is a pretty happy family.

• Lipton
    18 years ago

I thought so... until last night...

~Ciao Lipton

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

It's all on how they (the family) makes it. So there's no real answer...

Is there?

Peaces.

• Dorotea©
    18 years ago

Yes, I believe they do. Sometimes it's the small things that make a family happy, like doing things together and bonding together when times are hard.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

Sure, happy families exist. So do sad ones.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

All families have their own problems making them unhappy. The only thing to classify them as happy or unhappy would be when the problems outway the solutions, or the solutions outway the problem. And in answer to your question, yes there are happy families....But that doesn't mean that they are flawless.
    ~*Freak*~

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Yes, they do exist. However, I think most people confuse happy with perfect.

Even happy families have problems. It's the problems and sad times that remind you what happiness is.

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

Bret, you are just going to confuse everyone by bringing your sane viewpoints into an insane world. :-)

• charity
    18 years ago

Well every family has their problems no matter who you are if you are rich or poor or average every family has got problems but there are families that are more happy then others they haven't been through anything hard really I know a couple liek that and when I enter their house im like holy crap my house is totally different not like my house is real bad but it has its times when I cant stand it.
    ~charity~

• Tammy
    18 years ago

Yes. I know they do. Despite the troubles life throws our way. These troubles can & should make you bond closer as a family as you help each other through them.

~ Take care ~

• aaron c s
    18 years ago

ppl can look at my family and say we are the shittiest family ever but i dont think so. i think that what makes a family happy or what makes a happy family is that everybody know when to stop bugging eachother. and thats it

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

happy families do exisit. of course like everyone is saying there will be tough times and saddness and fights within a happy family but it's how they handle the problems, forgive and come back together in the end. you have to fix the problems that are standing in your way before you can return to happieness because if you just shove that problem into a closet eventually everything will fall out and cause a huge problem (seen it happen to a family that is VERY close to mine, sad, they are going through the toughest time right now) but as long as you work out the problems and have good comunication with everyone in your family and show them that you will always suport them and visa versa then i think that a family can truely be happy. just i think that now days a happy family is hard to find because parents are becoming younger, for one thing (i don't mean to offend) but some are just not ready for that responsibility. or parents haven't been taking the time to get to know thier kids which causes problems because then the kids will show resentment. happy families today are few among the world.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Hayley Marie
    18 years ago

Yep... but not perfect families...

Theres a quote somewhere that goes something like this:

"Perfect familes are people who never argue and are 'happy'. But NORMAL familes have arguements".

Its true... i have a weird sorta family.

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Even the Brady Bunch was never always happy. They always had some sort of "problem" in one of their episodes...

Peaces.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

brady bunch sure does look like a happy family reading what bob said...

~PLP~ lil slam~