Second Theory

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Yea okay I know I said I wouldn't voice my other theory but its bugging me haha. Okay this one is a bit confusing I havn't really worked it out yet...The afterlife...
    What if when we die...Whatever we beleived would happen to us...Does...Say there is no hell there is no god there is no reincarnation or all that...But when we "die" we manifest a hell...or a heaven...or reincarnation....What if its all just a manifestation of the afterlife...But really we're lying in the ground right now...And our "soul" or w/e is still there and just thinks its in wherever it thinks its suposed to be...o.O

Of course then there is the theory, maybe none of us really die, or we're all dead...im not getting into that lol
    ~*Freak*~

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Freak,

I don't know about the others, but I think there are 2 destinations we go in the hereafter - Heaven and Hell. But it looks like I'm booked on first class to Hell, hehe!

Steve

P.S. If there is reincarnation, I will probably come back as a carrot to pay for all my sins. Oh no!

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

O____O

Okay these theories make me think....and it all scares the hell out of me my Freaky friend. :P

Peaces.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

intresting freak! i normally don't spend much time thinking about this stuff because the way i normally look at it is that we are going to one place out of two and it's up to you and how you live your life, so if you spend your life thinking about it then your not living life the way you should, live it to it's fullest and get what you want to get out of it. for me my family and friends are my number one! people are more important than objects to me so i live my life keeping them close to me, which is why i find it hard letting go of a friend or someone moving away. i simply let god decide where i go.

~PLP~ lil slam~

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Ahhh but what if there is no god, and there is no heaven and hell and its all in our minds o.O Okay I'll stop saying "what if" lol And Beesley...Oh I will so eat you when you become a carrot.
    ~*Freak*~

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Okay branching off from the theory...What if there is a god or w/e and he/she sends us to whatever we think we are going...Think about it, our mind is a powerful thing and truly knows itself more than anything else can know so what if he/she thinks..."if they think they are going to hell then they must deserve it" o.O I mean you see all kinds of people say "im not afraid of dying, I know where I'm going" but others are terrified because they are still confused, so what if that means that they have done something terrible and they think they will go to hell for it, and god sends him there because of it..o.O
    ~*Freak*~

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

*I knew it, I knew it. Freak is waiting for her pay back*

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

It's possible. As a theory it's good for sure and one that can never be solved!

Top effort.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

*sits and remembers eating freak that one time and sipping sweet wine!*

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

You ate me with wine?! No wonder I woke up with stains all over my clothes, what is the matter with you?! Do you have no compassion man?!?!
    ~*Freak*~

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

And thank you Bret
    ~*Freak*~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

LMFAO

I remember when Freak was a vegetable!! XD Freakingtitus lmao...

Peaces.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

see ari members! freak how can you not remember when we ate you with wine? *cries for lost memories* she forgot!!!

~PLP~ lil slam~

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

OH no I remeber being eaten I just don't remember the wine....You have no compassion...You should be eaten...*eats Jacklyn..with..with..SOYSAUCE*
    ~*Freak*~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Mmm...*licks lips* Jacklyn-narysus virus...mmm lmao...

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

Lmao better than Freakinigtus??
    ~*Freak*~

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

*is chewing on Jacklyn with soy sauce when a huge purple lump grows on her nose*

O________O

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

Actually I was developing a theory of my own very similar to that (what we believe becomes our afterlife). I'm not religious and I don't believe in an afterlife, I think that when dead I will cease to exist, nothingness. Whether or not I choose to fear it is my decision, and when my time comes I don't think I will be afraid of it as long as I've lived my life.
    Back to the theory...
    The human mind can be taken for granted. It can manipulate, eliminate, and even elaborate off of images we either see or create ourselves. So I think that it is possible that what we choose to believe what becomes of us when our bodies shut down can be created by our last thought of consciousness in a non-reality form, and pretty much remain as a set picture for eternity...or whatever.
    Others may argue though that when the conscious state shuts down it can no longer set these images into place, so there's another theory.

• ~*Ley*~
    18 years ago

You've thought it through more thoroughly than I have, and I applaud you. But the part where the mind sets as an eternal picture...It sounds a bit hard to consider, because if as you say is true, we die and cease to exist, then yes it would be impossible for us to set that image in place and keep it there...o.O
    ~*Freak*~

• Kevin
    18 years ago

After having several very powerful Outer Body experiences i was convinced in pretty much what you said in your first post freak. That when we die it's the state of our minds at the time that decides "where" we go. This even ties in with the Tibetan theory on this subject.

However, my views are changing. I think that when we die we do not cease to be exactly, but we cease to be anything resembling the individual consciousness you are all [hopefully] gifted with now...we go back in the wheel....we become pure energy and join with everything...anyone who has taken a liberal does of magic mushrooms or lsd might have some idea of what i'm talking about...or maybe if you've read enough quantum theory.

We go back to where we came from....but we cannot surely hold on to our current individual way of thinking...and so in that regard "we" cease to exist....but our spark of life goes on.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Does this train of thought lead you to a belief of reincarnation (of sorts if not traditional), Kevin?

• pinkalias
    18 years ago

Obviously I'm not Kevin, but let me add something on that...
    I would think it wouldn't lead to a belief of reincarnation considering that reincarnation is the seperation of a soul from one body, and entering that of another. Kevin's theory was that our source of life goes on and unites with the energy and life of the universe itself, but our memories/personalities/souls themselves would cease to exist.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Reicarnation doesn't sit well with me because of the way it's generally used by religions as a weapon of fear and warning, or perhaps more damaging, a golden spiritual carrot given as reward for adherance to whatever rules the group preaching it set out.

Pink, take care when speaking for me, as you have ever so slightly misjudged what i was saying. I didn't say our memories vanish, or our personalities,i said that if we allow that we do go back into the source, then they could not stay as they are now, and so they would cease to exist as they are....a subtle difference perhaps, but an important one...no sweat eh?

I had a woman tell me 3 days ago in a past life i was a leader of men, a spiritual leader whose natural sense of justice and love for those hurt by life had made him great...and that my soul shone now with the same strength....she mentioned egypt and the name Tieade...go figure.....

• JussxAxNobody
    18 years ago

I dont buy the whole reincarnation stuff. Only Jesus rose from the dead and only he has the power to do so. Once you are dead, you are dead. You either go to Heaven above or Hell. Im not sure where my destination is but i try to live a good life. Dont worry about where you end up. Live in the moment! Dont be afriad to die, because you'll worry too much that you wont ever start to.

• Satine
    18 years ago

What if the world doesn't exist? But we still live in it, don't we? Could be the same way with heaven and hell.