Poetry Clubs

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

I don't think so, they are there for you to express and exchange ideas with other members on writing, skills, structure,poetic form, review of each other's poetry and exchange of thoughts.

Steve

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Bob,

I could not agree with you more, as I had been the vicitim of such discrimination at first hand! So I can truthfully talk from my own experience. But then I moved on, and some others accepted me. That's in the past and I feel no bitterness.

One should not be judged by age, color, creed or ability but by their love for poetry and their desire to improve and try to contribute.

Regards,

Steve

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Fair enough. As with regard to how the clubs develop and how successful they are or not only time will tell.

But it is only an option.

Regards,

Steve

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Cooids is for everyone...though we haven't been accepting people who leave notes in the application about improving their writing and all that because we just use the forums....for fun not really poetry talk. We've recently posted that so people know before applying. . But anyone can join...it's fun. I don't think the clubs are a bad idea but at the same time I don't agree with people being turned away because of their writing or anything else personal.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

sweetenigma i almost agree with you 100%, but i have to say i did join one, the writer's desk just to check them out and see what it's like first. but i do agree that it's going to divide everyone up into groups when we were kinda of whole. i didn't like it at all when they started the clubs at frist because i'm already having a tough time keeping up with the site and doing eveything i like in the little free time i seem to be getting this summer. i just joined the club in hopes of maybe improving my poetry since i wasn't getting the improvement from people before, all i seem to get it "nice poem" sometimes on my comments. but i do disagree with the ones that have age limits, there are some great poets that are younger than 15 and yet they won't let you in unless your old enough. poetry shouldn't be about age, just the expression of emotions the poet gives. i don't like the poetry inc. one either, that one made me feel like you have to have top quality poetry to enter, and you must be able to critique poetry like a pro. this poetry site should be open to any one or any quality, a place where people can improve and get an honest opinion. i don't really like the groups, because you see groups everywhere, like at school. theres the kids kicked out, not acepted and this might be thier one place without the group pressure and now they have maybe added that to someone, the feeling of you have to be accepted somewhere.

sorry if i don't make any sence at some points, i just got back from camp and i have never been so tired in my life! worked my ASS off!

~PLP~ lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

ha your not being stupid, i'm the one being stupid i didn't like the idea of them but yet i still check one out by being in one, now that is the stupid part. i really agree strongly with you, since i've joined it i still haven't got what the club said i would get. no one really critiques my poems since i've entered it i still get the comments about how good they are, on certain poems i know that aren't that good, on poems that i know i have better than it. lol, so far it's been proven useless. and discrimnation is not at all good or ok in any way i do have to agree, it's sickening.

~PLP~ lil slam~