Intelligent Discussion:Censorship

• Renee
    18 years ago

No, I hate being (censored) censored. If my opinion entales that you are a (censored), then thats my opinion, and I'm entaled to it.

But Bob's right. This is a very broad subject, like what about the children? I agree, in an enviroment like this one, where there are many young poets (12, 13) we need to set examples as older and wiser poets. We don't need to be showing them that we resort to low phrases to get our point across. Were better then that, and they can be to.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

Where do you start, where do you stop?

Is nazi propoganda any different than spreading the gospel in terms of the change it brings about in people In both changes any one who converts to the philosophy will be forever changed.

For me it is not about censorship it is about individuals using common sense.

Of course there are exceptions; one being the case of a book titled 'How to be a hitman' (or close to) that was actually used, chapter by chapter, word for word for a hit on a disabled child for insurance purposes.

• Bret Higgins
    18 years ago

full agreement there on the adult forum.

Concerning censoring writing material in the military it is pointless nowadays as the fucking media give away every piece of tactical surprise we have had for the last twenty years or so anyway.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

it would depend on what Censorship you are talking about. some things children shouldn't have at young ages because they are still learning how to handle emotions and deal with problems and some of the video games and songs we have these days shouldn't be in their hands. i'm talking about mostly young children, i'm 15 and can handle the songs, books, and games and sometimes just chose not to use them. but not all 15 year olds may be able to handle it we all have different maturity levels

~Jacklyn

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

I'm all for an adult forum.

But...

I'm not an adult :(.

On topic: Any form of personal censorship is bad. Propoganda is a different story. Everyone has the right to express themselves, and most cencorship is for the betterment of society (or so the people in power/ government often think), but even being so, everyone still has the right to spread their message.

I think that cencoring by age is only necessary because children are unable to fully grasp certain concepts, but for adults who should be able to function logically in the world, there should be no censorship.