Adult response only

• Sammie
    20 years ago

Uhh not to be rude but i kno that ur alot older then some people in this website... but still you shouldnt single us out like that.. it isnt polite and some of us are pretty mature for our age..... it really doesn't matter how old someone is to talk to.. as long as you can make a good conversation that your all set. but obviusly that doesnt really matter...... im going to agree with Goldenknight.. you should check out some of the great poets here! hope your happy to join our family!!!

Sammie B

• Sammie
    20 years ago

i agree.... thats wat its all about meeting new people and enjoying what they have to say..... im a 15 year old ill tell you that right out.. and im not scared to speek whats on my mind..... i think i have the right to express myself just like anyone else... So if you think you have to prove to yourself you have to talk to people your age to enggage in a converstation.. then something must be wronge with you..... Even if im young i still have my opinions on thigs and i have the right to stick to my opinion.... and i think that you only wanting to talk to people your on age isn't right because we also have just as good as ideas as you.

Sammie B

• Nick P
    20 years ago

Yeah 22 Male from Australia here. Studying English Literature and History at university. Contact me if u like at nickparker666@hotmail.com. Will answer all emails as soon as possible!

• Sammie
    20 years ago

Thank you for agreeing with me Neil...... I think as a 15 year old i have pretty good ideas.. and ideas are ageless

Sammie B

• you dont need to know
    19 years ago

hey im dave im 17 but ive recently been told im one of the more mature people on the site, so if u wanna tlk bout something im here pretty much all the time, im a brit too if u want to no sommit from a different perspective dave

• Stephanie Ricks
    19 years ago

Hello, my name is Stephanie I agree with you.And I am 22

• olivia
    19 years ago

hi im olivia 22 yrs old mother of one.. i love to talk at all times .bout nething not perverted.So feel free to email at goblincleaver@hotmail.com or im on aim at koadicintalect.

• ~:.GodeSsOfTemPtati0n.:~
    19 years ago

hiya im letishia = tish =) well i agree to em lil kiddos in here =) sometimes its better to hang wif kids than to be with em immature big babies =) (u know what i mean) anyway heres my ID... oh im 23... azn_bebe2000@yahoo.com

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

ok, maybe he could have said it a little differently than:
    "not 12 year olds pretending to be 25. surely there must be some normal mature people out there"

But what about the ~Teens with Yahoo~ Forum?
    You don't see non-teens in there complaining because they specified TEENS....

If I start a post asking for people from Michigan, will people fromother states get mad? Hmmm... that gave me an idea... LOL...

by the way Neil, I'm 36 (pretending to be 16) :o)

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

I am 19 with the mental age of 6 but dont hold it against me, i am from the UK too bout 200 miles from you tho

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I don't think anyone meant that you can not ever have a good or intelligent conversation with someone younger than you are (or older for that matter). Some people DO misrepresent their age (and many other things) online simply because they can. Personally, I love talking to teens!

• Sarah
    19 years ago

Bob, I think that may have been the most honest post on this thread yet! I too find it disconcerting to see younger poets writing such dark and emotionally disturbing poems, but the reality is, kids expose themselves to more nowadays then they should. They're all eager to be something they imagine to be "important" and then when they've made it, long for the days of innocence again. Its a sad cycle, I hope all the young ones here in this site continue to express themselves, and for some the only way they know how is through written word. But I do hope they can see that some of their sadness may come from decisions that could be changed...Take care all.

• Danielle
    19 years ago

um... okay, i take that very offensively... you can be young and very mature. i am 15 and probably more mature than u, so up yours...

• mrsmoore
    19 years ago

Im Jenni from Montana and i am 17. I know im going to sound like i am copying you all when i say i am mature for my age as well but i guess that only shows that we are all on the same wave length here.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

I want to say that Danielle, you may have misunderstood his point. Did you read the comment right above Bob's? He was COMMENDING her for getting a letter published in her local paper. He might have misspelled something, reread it, his hope for her was to be a strong leader in the future and NOW! You can be young and mature and still make a difference. No one's knocking you guys for being young. No one is saying being young is easy. Just that many try to put themselves into a place they need not be. How many young people get fake id's? Why, because they crave to be where they know it's "hip" to be. This is not the first generation to do that stuff and it won't be the last. Kids DO grow up faster then ever before, but that's because of what they're exposed to. They have more responsiblities today then ever before, and are held accountable more then ever before. I guess the point of this thread was he was trying to meet adults. Perhaps for companionship or friendship and didn't want the temptation or danger that youth can bring when you're looking for that? Just guessing on that. I quite possibly could have confussed everyone or made it worse...just feel the need to smooth the water over...

• Concealing Words
    19 years ago

What doesn't make sense is all these kids commenting feeling like they have to prove something. By responding to this post is acting out of immaturity. You felt like you had to get the last word, that you had to say something. it is not like you had to fight for rights or anything. He was being honest and polite. Nothing wrong with not wanting to talk to a younger person. Just like you have your right to your opnions, he has his right to alk to whoever he wants, and to exsclude some people. Why were you all so quick to get mad. A mature person would have thought about what he said and realized he was not talking about every single person under the age of 18. Stop assuming and start thinking.
    Another thing when you comment and say things like "so take that" and "up yours" you are not exactly proving your point that you are mature, he never insulted anyone, or threw anything into your faces. You might think you could pass for a 20 year old mentally but you have not proven it here. You have a lot of growing up to do, learn to not take everything so personally, or else you will never get through life. Don't be so quick to say what is on your mind, you may feel it is your right but it could end getting you into trouble.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

Life is tough, plan and simple. Young or old. Anyone that would hold a grudge over something like a post on a website w/ someone they don't know is crazy. Lets all move on happily...btw, is this the thread the 1st guy was looking for I wonder...haven't heard from him in a while?? Just curious.