Cancer Research

• chfj4
    18 years ago

Hey everyone. I just wanted to ask a quick question yeah. How many people on this site, young and old, give money to charity, more specifically Cancer Care Research? My family has pretty much their entire life...mostly Cancer Research UK. Unfortunatley, despite many fundraising activities and kindly donating money, my Little Cousin died just last week of a Childhood Cancer known as Nueroblastoma and so have many other kids as well. Anyway I just wanted to hear what your input was on this topic.

I don't want to put people on the spot or anything or make them feel guilty about not donating nor do I want to start any arguements ok. So far I have had a rough time and so have some of my friends. Lets just leave it there and say no more. I just want to know peoples views.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Honestly, I don't. I give that dollar when the movie theatre asks for it, but that isn't a consistent thing. Truth is, I consider myself and my family a charity, so i give money to them

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

no it's sad that i don't try to put more effort in trying to help people in this situation but i thought it might be a joy to be able to read to kids in the hospital, maybe give them some hope give them something to look forward to in the week. but first i would need to get a car, my liecence and i don't know yet if you have to have any special requirements for that thing or not, i don't know much about it, i just hear of people who do it.

~Jacklyn

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Locally, we have been organising a charity rugby tournament for the first Sunday in December of each year. The event involves the participation of teams from corporate giants here, all the proceeds go towards the Children's Cancer Fund here.

It is a one day event, but I have to start preparations as early as March of each year. I think this is now our 23rd year for this event.

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

JPM you have hit the nail on the head, this can also be said for other chronic illness such as AIDS and Diabetes etc. The money for the large drug compainies is not for a once off cure.

• Luvmeluvr
    18 years ago

For a long time now I have donated here and there to St. Jude's Hospital. I never really have any money, but any time I have an extra 20, I try to send it their way. It's not much, but if it helps even a little bit some family that wouldn't be able to afford treatment for their kid otherwise, then I'm glad.

• ☆Vintage Butterfly Star☆
    18 years ago

Yeah i do and so does my family cos my nan died of cancer, we do charity fundraising and stuff.
    xxxx xixi xxxx