Musicians

• Garrett
    18 years ago

Stage fright is relative. Whether it gets to you is your own doing. Two scenarios:
    You tell yourself you will do great: You will make a great performance, regardless of mistakes, because you have that confidence.
    You tell yourself you will bomb: You will bomb, because you are too nervous to conscentrate on your performance.
    It's all mind over matter. You are doing this 1) Because you like it and 2) Because the crowd wants it. Some say that it's best to focus on the exit sign in the back of the room, but that disconnects you from your audience. Just pretend you are performing in front of your closest friends... Tell yourself it's all in fun and it will be. One last note: Take a deep breath and go.

• Lipton
    18 years ago

I used to get EXTREMELY nervous about performing. Now, I don't necessarily, unless I have a solo... even then, though, I just say a little prayer, and remain as calm as I can...

The more tense you are, the worse you'll do, so don't worry about sounding good... just sound good.

~Ciao Lipton