How do you get notcied on this site?

• Lyla
    18 years ago

No matter what i do or how much i write i dont seem to get noticed. I guess theres not much i can do but i see all these poets who are popular and that everyone knows. How do you do it? lol

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

First, by not asking how do you get noticed on this site. Second, it doesn't matter.

• Atomic
    18 years ago

You want to get popular? On the internet? And you're asking for tips?

Oh boy...

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Lyla
    18 years ago

i dont meen it the way your puting it!!! i just wanted my poetry to get noticed.....never mind this day had gone bad enough for me how do you delete posts?

• Atomic
    18 years ago

You get noticed when people read it. There is nothing you can really do to force them to read it. And just because I feel sorry for you, I'll read a poem of yours.

Click on edit and take it all out, but you can't delete this thread because you don't have the power to...

Oh but the title is very self-explanatory.

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

if you want to get your poetry noticed more then you have to get out there for people to notice you. you have to not only write the poetry, but read work done by others, comment. you have to do this alot and maybe some of them will check out your work. but do NOT leave on your comments "please check mine out!" it's a HUGE turn off. and don't leave comments like "good poem" also a turn off. leave something that will mean something to the writer give them a couple sentances or so about the poem. alright and then you have to stay active in the Discussion's as well too, just keep putting yourself out there. you can't just sit there and hope someone will stumble onto your work. good luck.

~Jacklyn

• ¤|Æ’lοяεηζîά|¤
    18 years ago

i felt sry for you, and i commented on ur poem.
    dun wry, if u hav the talent, ull get noticed. =] and dun try too hard. write, read, comment, and you'll do great

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Or you can be really offensive to peoeple..insult their poetry and lack of understanding. People will notice you.

or you can start a poetry club!

Or you can grow up and write for yourself and no one else.

• Lyla
    18 years ago

dont insult me. i write for me but its nice to have your work noticed thank you very much......i take it people are getting the wrong impression about me

• †JustAri†
    18 years ago

Take that thought and keep it.

//Ari\\

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

thanks flash. but i also have to say i disagree with what someone said above that if your poetry is really good then you'll get noticed, not true! there are plenty of great poets on this site that are never mentioned in the favorites list, or reconized for thier great works. if you have quality in your writing great, but you also have to be an active member as well. people just simply won't come to you out of no where.

~Jacklyn

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Hey Lyla i wasn't insulting you, it was advice. Saying someone needs something is not really an insult is it, more an observation. You seemed to be complaining that you aren't getting enough attention, and i take a dim view on those kind of posts.

Seriously, the sure fire way to get noticed is to be outlandish and extreme...people will not forget you and want to know what makes you tick. It has worked for many people on this site.