Do you think this is right?

• Lyla
    18 years ago

no its not right. And yes i know how much money bush has from the oil but he needs to use the money to go on all his vacations!!! he wouldnt bother buying homes for poor people that need it. Its not right but its the world that we live in and its never going to be fare

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Do, I think it is right that it takes something like this disaster to open our government's eyes to the people that need help. No. And it is shameful that they only open one eye and see the people from New Orleans instead of opening both and seeing their own people in their states and cities that need help as well.

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

I know this, his oil scheming is definatley huge. Months after he got into office the first term there was oil found in a South American country, and within two weeks U.S. troops were there. But not many people heard about it. Along with other oil plans he has gone through with.

I also know that Bush is taking blame for this hurricane, but you can't blame him for everything. I am no Bush fan, but at the same time there were other people in New Orleans who fucked shit up royally as well. JPM has posted that the levy needed repairs and no one funded that. I am not sure if that is a federal or state government project, but he said it had been brought up for the last thirty years. That is a long line of politicians. Also I read in a letter from somebody who lives in New Orleans, who has been able to watch cnn from a crank T.V., and the letter said that the whole reacting late with National Guard thing was bullshit. It said that before the hurricane hit Bush had already declared a state of emergency and offered full use of the national guard to the governor of New Orleans. But she didnt call on them til after the levy broke. The letter also said that the levy broke on a monday night, but it wasn't announced 'til a tuesday morning.
    As for the reliability of the letter, I am pretty sure it is true since I got it from a relative. If that stuff is correct then alot of politicians need to chip in and pay for houses for homeless people from New Orleans, not just Bush.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i think there are a lot of people in the goverment that we can blame this on, just bush happens to look the worst because he is the President and well a lot of people in America hates him like me. i do not think it is right that the homeless from New Orleans got the homes over the families that have been waiting for those houses. i also don't think that bush really understand what it is like to be poor. i can't say i really understand what it is like either but if he did understand poverty then he would have understood why those people didn't pack thier bags and fill thier car up with gas and leave. this is just my opinions after i have heard the news and listened to adults talk at least. i know i'm not the most educated on this recent topic.

~Jacklyn

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

Bush did not say he took responsibility for what went wrong in New Orleans. He said he was taking responsibility for any undue delays in the Federal Government's response.

I believe the first paragraph in the original post was deserving of some thoughtful reflection. But then the second paragraph just indicates how we see things not as they are, but how we are.

Let's say that the tables were turned and it was Philadelphia that was wiped out. Would you be saying that no one outside the immediate affected area should step up to help the Philadelphians because people in other areas have their own local problems to deal with?

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Yes Bob, what went wrong was the delay of help, but I am going to say this again, that del;ay was not on Bush's side of teh ball. The delay was on the mayor of New Orleans. Everybody thinks the national Guard was slow to react because Bush held up in sending them, that isn't true, they weren't asked for til late. I don't mind blaming Bush and poking fun at him for things he did wrong, but not when he did things right on his part. Talking about the evacuation, everybody thinks the poor people couldnt get out on their own, maybe not, but it is the local governments responsibility to provide transportation for the evacuation. They had loads of schoolbuses that could have been used but weren't. Those school buses are still there under water. The drop was not by Bush, the drop of the ball was by the local Governments in New orleans, and lousiana.

• ¤|Æ’lοяεηζîά|¤
    18 years ago

"Since George "the animal" Bush "
    love that. You should have seen the anti bush pic i made