The Challenge has been met

• JJ
    18 years ago

are we allowed to post here?

• JJ
    18 years ago

great job to our club and to CCP...you guys did a good job too. may the best poem win! (ahem..ours) :)

Ps. sunny...what happened to all your club members? (and I thought we had a problem)

• JJ
    18 years ago

sunny: thanks...so do I. so who's doing the judging? and when?

• JJ
    18 years ago

I wasn't going to say anything bob...but yeah, you guys got some explaining to do. looks to me like most everybody submitted 2 or 3 lines.

• JJ
    18 years ago

I'm serious

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

Oh, the anticipation!

• Ann Stareyes
    18 years ago

Great job, EOP... enjoyed.... To the above post...Maybe ours sucked...but we sure had a blast doing it....

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

sorry but CC and P it seems like a paragraph and not much of a poem.

• Fisherman
    18 years ago

First, let me say that I feel humble about my "judging" assignment but I will be as candid as possible.

Poetry by committee leaves some holes in the flow of ideas being expressed. For example in "mad cow", the second line by Rebecca, doesn't connect as well as I would like to the first line by Bob. Ditto with the idea of "dream" in line six by Lyd which pops up a little awkwardly. This group obviously tried to write a poem, though, while the "global warming" group put together more of a combination of mini poems from each memberl From the standpoint of conceptual poetic flow, the second group did better than the first. On the other hand, the first group is entirely more readable.

After 3 or 4 readings of each poem, I am impressed by the substance or content of both of these poems. You both addressed some good stuff here.

I have to say that the "global warming" team has an obvious problem in that Sunny wrote twice instead of what I understand was the rule that each team member would write only once. Sunny's final line added some good wrap up to this poem, but a rule is a rule, and in this case I would say this extra line disqualifies this poem from further consideration.

And now I will open the envelope and see who comes out on top in this competitive endeavor.
    ....And the winner is "Mad Cow Disease"! (in my opinion....)

Fisherman

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

CC & P I thought you guys did great, and just to let you know, I was routing for you the whole time--to lose. Great competition, maybe some more are in order for the future.

• Ann Stareyes
    18 years ago

Great job EOP... congratulations....

And thank you Fisherman...I respect you highly...

• JJ
    18 years ago

thanks fisherman and congrats to EOP!

thanks CCP for your participation...better luck next time!

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Well done EOP.

• Shædow Poet
    18 years ago

:-) go us! Well done CC and P, too, we can't all be winners!

• Kevin
    18 years ago

What the heck is going on any why aren't i involved in it?

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

*smiles* nicely put sluvious! these competitions are fun it's a group activity that people seem to enjoy (at least in out club) but even if we lost we would still be having fun with the poem! if you don't want to have fun on a competitive edge then just don't do them but don't bother us about it. if you find it ridiculous then suggest a non ridiculous contest or just leave it alone.

~Jacklyn

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

Chris, as I've always said you crack me up. The above post by you is no exception!
    I can't help but wonder how you and your big ego fit into the forum.....lol!

• HOLLY ARMER
    18 years ago

We had a blast as well and look forward to the next challenge!

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Yeah, the competitions are fun, but the trash talking that goes into them is the best. We need to get more clubs into this.