Intelligent Debate: Re-cycling

• JJ
    18 years ago

(if I disagree with your opinion, is this going to turn into a long, drawn out debate? j/k)

what is their to say about it? I believe its a good thing.

• Kaitlin Kristina
    18 years ago

What I truly find interesting is how you recycled the spelling or "recycling."

• Mel
    18 years ago

Trust you, Ismail!!

You've been thrown by issues raised by the show, have you? Given that you already know of, and I quote, 'Penn & Teller's bullshit', you've managed to be swayed by their, let's say, contrived issues in an attempt to fill a slot in a programme! Jesus christ man, you said this was going to be an intelligent debate, for fucksake!

Of course recycling costs more than merely 'throwing out the garbage': it's about to be re- fucking- cycled, ie man handled and then machined and reused etc etc Dur!

Secondly, 'endorphins' are released during exercise - probably the only excercise some of these people ever get is picking their different coloured bottles up on a Sunday afternoon and taking them to the bottle bank!

Thirdly, the little harm it can do to the earth is far outweighed by the benefits such as non depletion of reserves from reuse.

Forthly, You should be recyled/blended with something more intelligent and then there might be hope for you and your family. You say you want to become a lawyer! Stick to the modeling mate, you don't need a brain for that. sheesh.

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

When I first read this topic I didn't really see any room for controversy. Apparently I was wrong.

The primary benefit intended from recycling was to reduce the continual need for more dumping grounds. A dozen years ago I might have still agreed that recycling was an inefficient waste of resources. But necessity is the mother of invention. And since that time many new or improved processes have been developed for making cost efficient materials and uses from recycled solid waste products. Just in the USA alone these developments have made it now possible to efficiently recycle millions of tons of discarded electronic equipment and old carpeting, just to mention two examples among dozens of other kinds of waste materials. This has given rise to entire new sub-industries made up of private, non-subsidized businesses that have found recycling really does pay off.