Old people.

• Kevin
    18 years ago

I'm 26. Not old at all. But i feel old in the bones.

Things like going out and getting drunk....nonsense conversations at parties, playing it cool with people...all that crap...is just so boring to me.

Maybe it's because i pay more attention or i get easily bored but the things my same age friends still find exciting are for the most part...dull to me because i've done it all before many times....i know where that roads leads to and it's nowhere new.

Only things like music and travelling never seem to get old to me....and really honest conversations with people i care about.

Anyone else feel like this?

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i like your post bob.

but ya i feel older then what i really am. i'm 15 almost 16! but ya i find it easier to become friends with adults and to hold conversations. one of my best friends is about 50 years old, I’ve known him all my life, his son is a lot like him too. last year two of my friends become like good friends with me, one of them knew me more then two of my "friends" at school, just because of my journals and papers i wrote. it's crazy

i play on the church volleyball game because i rather be with those guys then the students at my school. i could make the team but i just don't try out.

people in my grade are just so immature.

~Jacklyn

• Bogie
    18 years ago

I am 50 and can say in the stages of life some
    we cant wait to experience over and over again.
    As others slip away they may return to us to gain
    more knowledge seen in a different way. Life is
    full of change understanding the same experience
    may never feel and play out the same way. We
    mature from it growing older we control just how
    much alteration will take place by.

So live life to the fullest each and ever day and if
    bored try a variation or move on to bigger and
    better things. You have already survived some
    of life’s ups and downs no matter how bad it was
    or may have seemed. You will live and move on
    showing it is not the end of the world and its only
    up from here. Always-greater later bank on it you
    already have lived through some to tell the tale.
    So thats my story and Im sticking to it. Live and
    let live in peace,
    Bogie

• Kevin
    18 years ago

Nice.

I always find it strange when teenagers yearn to be older as if those of us who are in our middle twenties have some magic understanding or gifts that they do not.

I once wrote about needing the new of pure unknown...and maybe i'm running from something i don't want to face about the inevitability of boredom....that we can and will eventually become bored with most everything.

In any case...thanks to all who replied...i'm off to bungee jump and then rock climb and then fly a plane...and then....and the.....and....a.n...a

• Cory Mastrandrea
    18 years ago

Kevin, I am younger than you and feel the same way. Going out and partying, staying up late and doing all those things don't sem to interest me. I would much rather sit around a bonfire with some drinks and talk with friends. I go to alot of movies because my friends go. I see horrible movies twice sometimes three times because different friends ask me to go with them. I have done things people my age never have to worry about. People think I am depressed at family parties because I sit on the side and watch things happen, but in reality I am having fun, and take joy in the little things. I don't need to be in the fray to enjoy the people who are in the middle of things. I have been described by people as a forty year old man going through a mid life crisis. Or one just coming out of it. hahah.

• Mel
    18 years ago

Well, Im 40 and like to do what takes my fancy: a pub a club a night in discussing the wheres and whyfores of this fucked up existance or time spent alone. I don't think 'old' because once I do next will come resignation and the beginnings of the pipe and slippers routine. 'I think, therefore I am' and all that.

Kevin: Just checked out your recent poetic gems. You reveal areas of this topic quite brilliantly in your poetry. Well done.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

i still have my fun and laughs. just not at school all that much. like i still got my friends at school and some of them know me really well, and we hang out all the time but sometimes it's just hard because people just don't take the time to get to know me or listen to me but adults do.

~Jacklyn

• Purple
    18 years ago

Well I'm young, check my profile if you really care how young. I love talking to people who are older than me. I'm starting to get along with people my age a bit better, but I still love descussing topics that most others don't think about. I sit with a highschooler on the buss and talk to her about books, the meaning of life... And maybe about my leaking highlighter (lol). I'm still imiture enough (or silly enough you chouse) to sit in the back of the buss in the morning and laugh as those highschool senoirs talk about monkeys taking over the world. I don't want to miss the expirences of growing up, I just want to enjoy now, both the meture descussoins and the sadly idoitic ones.

:D I admit I spend to much time thinking about myself and my life. :P

• Tammy
    18 years ago

I will be 40 years old on Christmas day. I'm not old yet. I think when you are 80 you are starting to get old...

• Steven Beesley
    18 years ago

Let me say that I'm 45 and I am glad that I am still here writing and talking to you over the internet. Every day that I have is in fact a bonus to me as I nearly died from an illness more then 2.5 years ago.

Since that time, you can say my whole entire outlook on life has changed somewhat and have mellowed even more.

I was always far too serious about work and my own ambition. Now it is about life, simple things around that I can enjoy. Nature and it's gifts, the company of good friends, a good book, a quiet evening, listening to music and lots and lots of writing.

I shun apathy, I shun discrimination and admire those who provide time for the needy and work for charity.

I have found that once you have looked at death straight in the face that this can turn you around completely. Make you realize that life is full of richness and fufillment, you just have to look around and appreciate it.

If you see those who are less fortunate, do something for them if you can. Remember do what you can today, no one knows about tomorrow.

So I am thankful for God giving me each day, as he is already giving me a big bonus.

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

I agree Steve. In the last ten years I nearly died from a stabbing, then a health issue 7 years ago and another one last December. I cherish each and every day. I do my best to tell those around me how much I appreciate them and I strive to make someones day, every day. Life is too short. I feel lucky I get another chance.

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

Tammy your bday is december 25th?

mines December 26

• Ann Stareyes
    18 years ago

I'm 47....I hope one day I can say I'm 80...and I'll still be proud.... I tell a lot I'm 39 and holding.....*giggles, throws Tammy, Steven, Bob, and Bill some Arthritis Hot...at times, these old bones are going to need it...*
    I try to live life one day at a time and I'm thankful to God for each morning that my feet hit the floor...because as Steven said, We none are promised tomorrow...I'm truly thankful for each day That God blesses me with...

• Atomic
    18 years ago

I'm 16....I older than I really am. I am very mellow. People find party and whatever those teenagers do these days fun, I find books fun.

People in my neighborhood hardly ever saw my face, because I am in my room all the time.

Just a couple of years before, I met my best friend Britt then last year I met my best friend Anthony that I start to get out of the house more....

Anyway, I believe that feeling the way that you do now at your age means you have finally matured.

I agree with what Bob said, as you grow older and look back....you'll feel accomplished and fulfilled.

I pity those teens who always think of suicide....

I'll leave a quote and hopefully it explains what I am not able to put into words.

"If you can't find anything to live for, you best find something to die for"

( )_( )
    (='.'=)
    (")-(") Arrivederci!

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

you smell funny

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

this guy in my grade smells funny but i don't think he's old lol

~Jacklyn