He died, and I went shopping

• ღtheღcrunkღpirateღ
    18 years ago

No your not a bad person!! People die all the time and the world still goes on. A girl at my school died a few years back, no body was really that nice to her but we all cried buckets when she died, its human nature to be sad when some one dies. And as you said you didn't know him so moving on quickly isn't that bad. Don't be so hard on yourself hun!
    peace courtie

• Lydia O
    18 years ago

You bear no responsibility at all. How could your actions have possibly changed anything that happened?

• Timothy Bledsoe
    18 years ago

A friend of mine was shot execution style over drugs a while back. He was a great guy. He had a bright future and a lot of talent as a singer. He fell in with the wrong crowd. He tried to extricate himself from it, but then was killed over drugs that he didn't have anything to do with.

I didn't mourn for him or his family. All of his friends at school were mourning after they found out. I didn't. It felt unreal to me. Not until I went to his funeral did the reality of his life and death become concrete with me. I wept.

Believe me, I know how you feel. Even while I wasn't mourning for his loss, even while I was watching the story on the news, I knew I should feel something. I felt hollow.

So don't worry about it. You did feel for the loss of a person and his loved ones. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

• Truest Lies
    18 years ago

I think that it's good that you cried...

I still haven't really cried over a few people who died who didn't really mean that much to me but that all the same I'm feeling guilty about because I didn't show very much emotion when they died.

Anyway, if you're letting out the sadness now, at least you're actually feeling something.
    Just don't go numb.
    And no, you are not a bad person. You are a wonderful person.

-beth