Offensive words

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

Funny thing is her kids hear worse than that on day time TV.

• JJ
    18 years ago

not saying that its okay to use offensive words here but if her kids go to public school, they're exposed to 100 times worst then the words used here.

• Sherry Lynn
    18 years ago

Not saying that it is Okay, but there is not way to stop every foul word.

To the mother: I am pleased that you are involved in your child's activities. Parents like you help better our society. Thank You for taking the responsibility of being a parent and not letting society raise them.

Mods: You do a great job on this site; however it is not logical to think that you can catch everything. You guys stop and delete far more than anyone can imagine and you all deserve a pat on the back.

Bob: I am glad that you have taken the time to look even more regarding the mother's complaint. I am also pleased that you posted asking about the problem instead of ranting about receiving such a call at home like so many others would do. As I have stated over and over you are a rare individual and one that I will always respect!

--Sher

• Natalie84
    18 years ago

I think it's a wonderful thing that this person's mother cares enough to be involved as you others have said. However, if words, like gay, faggot, and the others Bob mentioned she found offensive are her only worries then I am worried about her. Apparantly she's not reading the cutting threads. All the threads that teach others a million different ways to self harm. I think if mothers wanted to be involved and complain then they should be doing it about the right things. My own opinion.

• Bill Turner
    18 years ago

Our right to freedom of speach gives us the right to use the language we choose, period. However, we have a responsibility to use it appropriately and within context. A vulgar or derogatory term in a poem is probably fine, if it fits the scheme of the poem and if it offends you, do not read it. The same term in a forum or chat room is different. I do not know who will read my poetry and have no control over who does. I know in the forums and chat rooms a large amount of young adults and kids will read what I post or write, so I have a responsibility within my right to free speach, to use it responsibly. We give up our rights when we do not use them respectfully.

• SplitSided
    18 years ago

well I agree with Turner..we do have a freedom of speech..but on the otherhand we did accept the code and conduct of this website..it's not a right to be on this site..a priviledge and nothing more..shouldn't be taken for granted...if you do use these words then take them to the EXPLICIT content area and leave it at that..so if anything else comes up..this won't be a major issue

• Vegetable
    18 years ago

It makes me twitch when people get so upset over words... Maybe I'm just insensitive. I'm not saying this because I swear at every possible interval. I don't get offended by someone calling me a bitch. I would get offended if someone were to betray me, or some other act that worrents offendedness. Most have us have been called name sence preschool then of course it was booger head... But it's still the same. Sticks and Stones.
    But ya kudos to the mom for actually cheaking up on the kid yet I'd take away the kudos for being so sensitive and finding "gay" offencive. A for effort..but no cigar. (ha I've always wanted to use that expression in the proper context yay)

• Jacklyn
    18 years ago

it's nice to see she is protective to what her kid is in and that she is concerned about it. for there are many parents today who don't give a rip at all. but it is impossible to keep her kid protected from this language no matter what. these offensive words are all over the place, coming from every mouth. If I were her I would be concerned about bigger problems, like sex and drugs. Which to me seems to be entering teenage life younger and younger.

~Jacklyn